Buzzing (Read 11604 times)
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Buzzing
Dec 20th, 2006, 12:00am

Hi all

Having a rough week, quite a few weird beats, and a really strange buzzing type of feeling in my chest  Huh, anyone else get that? feels like my hearts beating irregulary but when I check it's not! but I've just had my period so, I'm kind of putting it down to that and my IBS is playing up, I feel so tired to, maybe it's been where I've been so busy.  I've really been getting on I've helped at the childrens school a few time being a mid-day assistant, and I was having to carry heavy  sandwich tables and benches about and I felt good after, but I've also been rushing here and there and it's like I've suddenly am running on reserves.  But I'm pleased with myself too for just getting on.

I'm trying to sleep but am waking really early with my hubby and not being able to go back to sleep, so am not recharging my batteries.

I was once given Vitamin B6 and evening primrose oil capsule's to help with the effects of my cycle, but stopped taking them and had a bout of tachycardia and got it into my head that it was because I suddenly stopped taking them or that I hadn't been taking them regulary.  Do you think these could possibly help with the effects of my PMS?

Hope you are all ok

Getting exicited about christmas now.

Kath

Kath x
  IP Logged
DianaJJ
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Southern California
Re: Buzzing
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2006, 8:48am

Hi Kathryn,

So nice that we're all meeting here again at the new forum!  Thank you RLR for getting it started so we can all post once more.

Kathryn, I  have that same buzzing in my chest and I really think it's hormonal.  I especially feel it at night when I wake up.  I'm menopausal and I have so many other symptoms besides the palpitations and that's just another one of them.  It does feel somewhat like the palps, at least it feels like something is going on in the chest area.  It's like a trembling.

Hope you're feeling better soon and try to get more sleep.  I have to go to bed really early since I wake up several times during the night and sometimes have a very difficult time going back to sleep.

DJ

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2006, 2:39am

Hi

It's is great that we're all meeting here.

Thanks for replying, I do have to agree, I've felt ok the rest of the month and suddenly when I get my period I feel really rough. It is more like a trembling feeling.  But today my hearts racing on and off and I feel a little light headed, I feel like my hands are trembling but when I hold them out there not, + I've got a head ache and my sinuses feel odd.  I'm just fed up of feeling like this once a month, there must be something we can do to help reduce these symptoms.

I am trying to sleep and last night I had a better night, I notice it more at night, but today it's when I'm standing.

Hopefully I'll feel a bit better for christmas.

Kath

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2006, 5:06am

The trembling sensation is merely the consequence of increased epinephrine being excreted by your adrenal glands. This is also what causes patients to have a sweating sensation and hot feeling despite the fact that their temperature and that of the enviroment are normal. Increased epinephrine in the absence of need can also cause you to feel washed out, nauseated or merely queasy, GI upset, can also cause palpitations and wide fluctuations in heart rate to occur and can generally make your nervous system go on high alert.

It's not a pleasant sensation by any means, but altogether harmless. Again, this is one of the major reasons not to use caffeinated products (chocolate as well . .. . sorry) because they can further stimulate the nervous system.

Many patients have encountered what they describe as a "buzzing" sensation in the chest. This is not caused by the heart, but rather by a sensory disturbance. Again, nothing to worry about.

Hope you have a great Christmas season. You're doing great.  Wink

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2006, 11:26pm

Hi

Thanks RLR, it's good to have a explanation, can be a little un-nerving but have been trying to ignore it and get on, Children off for christmas now and their very spirited as they are very excited and counting how many sleeps are left. Smiley

I hope yourself and everybody on this forum has a fantastic christmas, I have been trying to cut out the chocolate and will try even harder.

Merry Christmas all  Cheesy

Kath

Kath x
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print