Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Haven't been here in ages!  Long, sorry..... (Read 6211 times)
booda
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Haven't been here in ages!  Long, sorry.....
Dec 22nd, 2006, 9:34am

I couldn't even remember what my old  login name was, LOL  - that's how long it's been.  Probably a year or so.  

I am almost 41, and I've suffered with mega forceful palps, and runs of palps, for 1.5 years now.  I haven't gone a single day with out them.    :'(

They started 6 weeks after I made the healthiest move I could have ever made - I quit a 25 years cigarette habit.

What have I done to try & figure this out, and to alleviate it ?? Let's see......

I've had every cardiac test you can imagine, including a CT Angiogram.  

I've given up chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, spicy foods, all OTC medications, fatty foods - you name it.

I've taken anti-anxiety meds, tranquilizers, and even a beta blocker.  

I've been hypnotized, pyschoanalyzed, tried yoga, meditation, even went to a homepathic doc & took a "remedy".

I've tried magnesium supplements, calcium supplements and plenty of other vitamins.

I've had expensive blood workups of hormones.  

The results of all of these tests?  Premature Atrial and Premature Ventricular Contractions.  (And Hashimoto's Disease, which will prob. result in hypothyroidism eventually.)  But basically - GOOD HEALTH!

Yes, I should be very happy that nothing very serious has been found.  I am grateful for that, of course.  

But at the same time - I'd truly be happy to be given a cause, disease, SOMETHING that could explain why these happen.  And of course a CURE would be the ultimate!

AND - here I am.  1.5 years later.  Feeling exactly the same as when I started.  Not one single thing has helped, unfortunately.

So - now I must learn to live with them.  I'm not quite sure how to do that.   In my opinion, nothing can ruin a nice relaxing meal with a friend, or a nice walk in the park, or shopping trip, like a big old palpitation party!!!    They are so disruptive, and very disconcerting.   Shocked

I dont' know about you ladies, but the whole "oh, just ignore them" or "it's nothing to worry about".... yeah, thats fine some of the time.  But come on - it just doesn't work all of the time!  Am I wrong??

Especially those days when you keep having them over & over.  Or when they are so strong they take your breath away.  Or cause chest pain.

So - I just want to connect with others who can relate.  That's about all I can do at this point... try to talk with others who understand, and hope that we can all help each other.

I guess since I've lived with them for 1.5 years shows that they haven't killed me yet!!!  Maybe that will make some of you feel better  Cheesy

Thanks for reading - and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Re: Haven't been here in ages!  Long, sorry.....
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2006, 2:43am

Hi Booda
Nice to hear from you    you sound exactly the same as me!   I just cant get used to them and i know what you mean about ruining your day !  I have had mine for 7 months now and have only just had my 24 hour tape and dont get the results till january 9th   thats the nhs for you!  Are you in america?  It sounds like they are so much quicker and thourough over there.  Its nice to hear from someone who gets them everyday like me i have only had one day without them for 7 months    you just keep thinking how can this be normal!   I will be so glad to see the cardiologist in january to find out whats going on..... then i maybe in your boat on how to deal with them.
I am having a rough time at the moment just dont feel well probably stressing too much about them!
Also i always worry about my weight i have lost nearly 3 stone this year but still have a long way to go and i always think this may have caused my palps!  But i am trying my best thats all i can do
anyway nice to have you on the site    take care carol

IP Logged
booda
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2007, 10:23am

hi Carol,
Thanks for your reply.  Yes I am in the USA!  Honestly I did have to push just a tiny bit to get some of the tests done - but not too much, probably because of my history, and my family history as well.

You will get your results very soon, just 6 days to go. Please be sure to post & let us know what the news is.  

My stupid palps ruined NY Eve for me.  Dressed up & went to a nice restaurant with my BF, but got a huge run of palps during the appetizer, and just didn't feel so great for the rest of the evening.    :'(   Nothing like stupid palps to ruin the fun.  BLEH!

Take care & hope to hear from you soon.  Julie

IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:29am

Hi Julie
Yes i will certainly let you know when i get results  cant come quick enough!  Its nice to know i am not the only one that gets them every day.  It is just some days are harder to cope with than others
Lets hope this year is better for all of us   take care  carol Wink

IP Logged
booda
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2007, 8:47am

Hey I just noticed that it's January 9th - so we hope to hear your results!  Please keep us posted!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print