Stomach (Read 15285 times)
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Stomach
Dec 24th, 2006, 3:12am

Hi

Having bad day/'s my stomach feeling really full and it's making me feel quite sick, and it get's worse when I've eaten, I keep getting lower discomfort too but mainly upper, and of course now it's giving me palpitations.

I don't know what to do to help to settle my tummy, I took a peppermint oil capsule yesterday morning and one last night, and that helped a tiny bit and helped me go toilet this morning but the bloatedness of my actual stomach is still there it feels like my tummy wants to rumble but doesn't or like there's a big bubble and I just want it to disperse and it will feel better.  I feel like crying  :'( it's so uncomfortable, I know there not right for me but have helped a little in the past in settling my tummy so I took a ranitidene this morning.  I hate taking tablets but I don't know what else to do! Doctors are all closed for christmas, I know and I could call out a doctor, but there usally rubbish and just want to get back home! They don't even listen to you properly it's like you've inconvieniced them by calling them out!

I've got a headache I'm tired (not through not trying yo sleep) and my top half aches to so thats not helping.  I so want to feel better for tomorrow, I love going to my mum and dad's and having christmas dinner and playing lots of silly games but I know if I'm feeling like this I'll only be 1/2 enjoying it.

What can I do to help settle this?  Is it to do with my IBS? as thats been playing me up.

Hope you all ok and have a wonderful christmas

Kath  Smiley

Kath x
  IP Logged
helsbels
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Berkshire England
Re: Stomach
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2006, 7:44am

Hi there Kath - sorry you feel so rough but I know exactly how you feel - I suffer on and off alot with various stomach problems and over the past week or so I have felt just how you have described and it has really been getting me down too - what with funny heart rhythms and pvcs thrown in for good measure!!   Infact I gave in a couple of days ago and went to the gp and he has prescribed lansoprazole and this is only my 2nd day of taking them.  Last night I was able to sleep without feeling bloated, nauseus and uncomfortable so I don't know if they are working yet.

I usually take colpermin (have you heard of it) to try and ease any pain or bloating and also Deflatine to get rid of any gas that may be there - it sometimes help - or drink some ginger ale.  If it feels really bad I sometimes go for a brisk walk to try and get things moving!

Thanks for replying to my earlier post today - it really helps to hear what others have to say and have gone through.  Hope things ease throughout the rest of the day (try a hot water bottle as well) so that you can enjoy yourself tomorrow.

Love Helen x

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2006, 12:13pm

Hi

Thats ok and thanks for replying to me, it's been like it all day and sometimes I've had a sharp pain or too, I have been burping lots (charming you may say  Smiley) but it just doesn't seem to release it.

Hoping I feel better tomorrow.

Thank you

Kath

Kath x
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2006, 3:21pm

Hi again

This evening I've got burning in my chest is this ok?

Thanks

Kath  Smiley

Kath x
  IP Logged
helsbels
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Berkshire England
Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2006, 1:54am

Hi Kath - merry christmas to you and to everyone!

Re. the burning - yes I also get that - I think it is just acid reflux but it all seems to go hand in hand with the bloating and the nauseau and the fullness and discomfort that I get.  I go through periods when I feel really bad and then things seem to settle for a few weeks and then flare up again - I am never quite sure what sets it off but looking back I often feel like this during christmas time.  At one time I would have put that down to rich food and drink but nowadays I am quite careful - maybe its stress that sets it off - and also the whole thing makes the palps worse as well.  Infact mine are bad this morning - from when the kids woke me up at 8 my heart has been skipping and jumping every few minutes - quite scary!

I hope you are feeling better this morning and hope you enjoy your day with your family.

Helen x

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2006, 2:21pm

Thanks Helen

Merry Christmas, I've not been as bad today funny enough, but have had a great day my son woke at 4.15am made him wait until 6 am though.

Hope you've had a good day too.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
helsbels
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Berkshire England
Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2006, 3:04pm

Hi Kath - glad that you have had a good day - my turn to feel worse now!! I've been ok all day but about an hour ago I started to feel very sick and have got really bad stomach pains now.  I was deliberately good with christmas dinner and didn't go mad so I don't know whether something has disagreed with me or maybe I'm going to get a stomach bug!!  Strangely enough I've also got a itchy red rash, mainly on my legs - Oh to have a day when I just felt good all day long!!! That would be a great christmas present for me.

Hope everyone else is fairing better and has had a great christmas.

Helen x

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2006, 3:32am

Hi

I hate that, my stomach seems to have settle down, but after I posted to you last night I got the worst heart burn and kept bringing up acid when I burped and it was hard to breath as it burnt my throat until I had a glass of water, so I had a couple of glasses of milk, in hope that it may settle my stomach and took some gavisgon when I went to bed.

But I woke at 5 this morning and got that trembling feeling, You know when you get a trapped nerve in your arm or something that really twitches thats would it felt like in my chest, and had what felt like shaky hands but they weren't shaking, but as I wasn't quite awake and so wanted to ignore it and go back to sleep, but convinced myself it was my heart beating irregular! made my hubby check it loads and then panicked myself as he is no doctor and doesn't know what he's listening for.  but I took some more gavisgon and after moving about I eventually fell back to sleep about 6ish, but when I got up to go toilet I had a couple of missed beats.

Also I've been constipated and keep needing to go but can't then I get bad tummy ache and do. I just want it all to settle back down.

Hoping I have a good day even though I'm really tired.  I was doing really well and was really energectic and felt good and now I just don't.

I hope you feel better, I know how you're feeling, lets hope it's not a tummy bug, maybe you've had a reaction to something you've eaten.

Kath x Smiley

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #8 - Dec 26th, 2006, 4:08am

Kathryn,

When you return to your doctor, I would again strongly urge you to discuss the use of Tegasarod Maleate (Zelnorm). This drug will take several weeks to stabilize your condition, but I believe you'll find it to be the answer to your problem. It is for short-term use, about 8 weeks or so and will help regulate your IBS.

You have to remember that when gastric acid is refluxed into the esophagus, it can cause spasms and a good deal of discomfort, together with palpitations.

I strongly suspect you may be taking in too much holiday turkey and dressing.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #9 - Dec 26th, 2006, 1:29pm

Hi

I will return to the doctor, Thank you  Smiley

I have actually been quite good and not gone over the top at all really, did eat a little more than usual for dinner other day but only a couple extra roast potatos and my tummy was already messing me about, the only other thing I can think that may have irritated things is I had a couple of glasses of Pure orange and apple juice just before christmas, or a pizza, maybe it's the type of cheese they put on.

I will do as you suggest, the only thing that worries me about the medicine is when I read up on the link you gave me a while back it said that side effects can cause hospilization and that frightened me a bit.  But I have got to do something so will go back hopefully they will find it this time!

Have taken it easy today and only had water to drink and not fruit juices and had small portions of food so hoping I have a better night.

Thank you again

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #10 - Dec 26th, 2006, 2:19pm

okay, cheese of any particular variety in the presence of a predominantly constipative condition is like throwing fuel on the fire. Cheese, particularly among other dairy products, is very constipating.

Remember that with IBS, habit is the key to stemming any exacerbating symptoms.

Again, I would be prepared for your doctor's visit with information in hand to discuss the use of Tergasarod (Zelnorm).  As for the contraindications and warnings associated with medication, it is a foregone conclusion that some people are affected by pharmaceutical drugs and although rare, they do occur and are required to be reported. It's important to remember that drugs must pass rigorous standards and research before being placed on the open market and the relative safety factors are quite high indeed. The key is having your doctor make the determination whether the drug is right for you.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #11 - Dec 31st, 2006, 2:47am

Hi

Went to the doctors Friday, and said how I'd been feeling an dshe said its gasric something.  Gave her info and asked about the medicine you mentioned and she said she'll look into it and for me to go back in the new year.  But to keep up with the Ranitidene and Gavisgon for now.

But that morning I woke with a ache in the middle/lower part of my back didn't think much of ot thought I'd slept funny also felt a little light headed ( which I mentioned to the doctor but she said it was probably stress.  Later that day I went shopping and pulled up my hand brake and my back really twinged it really hurt, but I carried on and when I got back to my mums had some deep heat spray put on my back, then I went in the car with my huuby and had a bath when I got home and my hubby rubbed some deep heat into my back.  On Saturday it had subsided a bit and I had a loosish tummy, but then felt incredibly sick and had a few missed beats and didn't feel like eating but I did, so I laid on the sofa all day and did some big burps and it subsided, we then met friends and I felt ok.  This morning I feel sickish again and the upper part of my stomach feels sore and like it's full of wind that just won't disperse.

Just hoping it'll go soon, my sons been feeling sick too so maybe it's a viral infection going round it's just so uncomfortable.

Happy new year to you all, lets hope it's a good one for all of us.  Smiley

Kath

Kath x
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print