Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Will they EVER EVER go away? (Read 9154 times)
shirl61
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Virginia
Will they EVER EVER go away?
Jan 05th, 2007, 12:14pm

]It breaks my heart to read that so many people live with irregular heartbeats. I only wish we could find a common denominator --- maybe we could figure it out.  Is it something we’re eating?? Drinking (is it the water)???  I’ve loosing my mind trying to find what the cause is. I’ve gone way over the edge trying to figure out WHY????? THERE MUST BE A CAUSE.  

It has literally taken my joy away.  These things have changed the way I think and live.

I too have read all the “don’t worries” and that just sounds crazy to me.  Don’t worry??? While you heart is completely out of wack???  My mind isn’t that strong to convince myself not to worry.  These things are DEMONIC in nature.  These “nothings” are tormenting me.  I’ve gotten to the point (in my mind) I’m going mad.  I have tried EVERYTHING, and nothing works.  The worst thing about it is I’ve lost my hope of ever being “normal” again.  I’ve lived like this for about a year and a half.  It’s changed me.  Not for the good either.  I live with fear.  I feel tormented.

IP Logged
helsbels
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Berkshire England
Re: Will they EVER EVER go away?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2007, 3:40pm

Hi there - I have had them for about 2 years now and I have felt exactly like you - but I think maybe I am learning to just come to terms with the fact that I have got them and will probably have them for ever now - they are are part of me and are normal for me!! For instance today I have had them all day long from the minute I woke to now every few mins - that pause and hard thump.  When I first got them I would only notice perhaps 3 or 4 every few days or so and that would send me into blind panic but now I can just about carry on with what I'm doing and more or less ignore them and still enjoy stuff.  

What really scares me are the times when the ectopics lead into erractic beats and then tachycardia - I can cope with the one off pvcs even if they're all day long.  I went back to my cardiologist today and told him about the episodes I described above which I am having more of and he is going to put me on another monitor to try and capture exactly what is happening - he feels it is probably svt but he also mentioned af - so I am quite worried as to what they will find.  But he said once they know for sure then they can decide what to do - whether it be do nothing, medication or procedure (I think he mean ablation).

I have spent many long hours trying to figure out what could cause these funky beats to just happen one day out of the blue - but I have given up trying to work it out - I think the key is trying to accept and come to terms with the fact that some of us get them.   I take comfort from reading through RLRS various explanations and from just hearing about others experiences with them.

I hope you can find some peace of mind.

Take care
Helen

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2007, 1:54am

Hi

I know how you feel too, I used to think how can I not worry when my heart is skipping beats all over the place!  But every bodies hearts skip a beat a one time or other, for example, when I was going through onw of my what I call bad weeks, my dad made me check his pulse (as I was checking mine constantly) he didn't know and I didn't tell him but whilst I was checking his heart skipped a beat and he was totally unaware of it.  My doctor said when he gets stressed he feels his heart skip a beat, my husband has said occasionally he has weird feeling in his chest my mum and my sister do to but they just ignore it or they just do not feel it as strong as maybe we do.  

Whilst your keeping yourself in this state of anxiety you will keep getting them, You without realising it are dreading every minute of every day just in case it happens again and that something terrible is going to come of it, but you must realise you said you've been getting them for a year and half and your here writing on this forum.  If you haven't already go to your doctor and get a ECG, 24 hour ECG and echo done, just for peace of mind, and have some blood tests for hormones thyroid etc just to make sure.

Try to calm down and when it happens try to think of something else, anything, change your eating habits and stick to it, have 6 small meals a day instead of 3 larger ones, avoid spices, fizzy and caffine sit for as long as you can after eating and make sure you sit up a table if possible, do not eat anything large 3 hours before bed, a biscuit sometihng small and bland would be ok.  Try to be more active and take time out to relax.

Mine haven't gone completely and I still have bad times but if you stick to the above it will help.

This site is great and give lots of reasurance, I'm sure your fine.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2007, 3:06am

Hi  I also wonder will they ever go away!  I feel the same as you i have completely changed  i was a happy go lucky person but not ant more.   LIke you say they change the way you think and live
I get my results on tuesday from my 24 hour tape so hopefully i can find out a bit more
Have you had one done?   Hopefully RLR may be able to help you a bit he is very good at reassuring us when times are bad    take care  carol Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print