Pain (Read 6044 times)
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Pain
Jan 11th, 2007, 6:56am

Hi

This morning when I could feel wind in my chest, then I took a ranitidene and I started to get a pain in my chest on and off, it when after about 10 mins, I've been doing bits all day housework and anxiety class, kids to school etc.. and a moment a go i twisted to put something in the bin and got a sharp pain in a few places in my chest, now if feels wierd and like it's going to do it again.  Should I go doctors or is it just trapped wind?

Thanks

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: Pain
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2007, 7:32am

transient abdominal and chest pain is a common side-effect of ranitidine. This, combined with what is most likely indigestion, likely explains your symptoms.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
helsbels
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Berkshire England
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2007, 10:53am

Hello Kath - hope the pain has settled down for you.  I get loads of different types of pain which I think could be wind or something more serious - quite often as well in my chest area so always worry about my heart! But normally after a day or two it settles down again for a while and then it will come back again.  If I think about it, I always have something wrong - every day - but I think alot of people do if they think hard enough!! For me its normally something to do with my stomach or acid reflux, pains in my chest, headache, then of course pvcs and palps thrown in for good measure!!!  So don't worry, you're not alone!!

How did your anxiety classes go by the way? Do you think it will be helpful?

Helen

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2007, 1:34am

Hi

I decided not to take the ranitidene today.  It was a really intense pain, it did feel like badly trapped wind and like I wanted it to feel it bubble away.

Thats how I sometimes make myself feel a little better, by thinking I'm not alone, It can get quite depressing knowing theres not normally a day that goes past that you don't have something! Alot of people do some don't notice it, some just don't let it get to them, I bet every second person we pass has something wrong, weather it be back problems or IBS.

I have been feeling a bit breathless, but I've been more anxious lately and it's so windy and damp here at the moment.  

Got to re-take my glucose blood test, as last batch they told me not to fast, so had eaten some jam on toast before hand, it come back normal along with all the others, but they want me to do a fasting one, I can't see how one slice of Raspberry Jam on toast would make much difference?

Also have to go back to see the doctor, and say I do not want to take to tablets he's prescribed.  I feel good a couple of weeks a month, so really I don't want to be taking tablets that have side effects when I'm having a good few weeks, I need something for the weeks I'm feeling bad.  These tablets he's prescribed have a whole page of side effects and can pretty much effect every organ of your body!  Undecided Also you have to wean yourself of them.  How many times do I have to tell them I do not want to take these sort of tablets, I wish the'd listen to me about the one RLR has said about, I know i'd have to take all the time, mind you my IBS has been the other way since the Gastroenteritus,  Maybe the drugs not as recognised over here or it's expensive and we all know how the British Health system like to palm you off with the cheapest drugs first. You know it's really quite frightening at the moment, hospitals are riduled with MRSA and other super bugs, so if you have to go into hospital your taking a chance literally!
They employ school leavers of immigrants as there cheep labour to clean the hospitals the've had no training some not cleaned much in there lives but their cleaning hospitals, when I took my daughter to have her eyes checked last, I tidied the play area, all the toys are dirty the floor under the shelves which are not heavy as I moved one had thick dust and crumbs underneath, A childrens play area in a hospital! people with MRSA are being aloud to walk around wards, it's discusting!  The worst thing of it is we can't do nothing about it!  I can't afford to go private.

Sorry just need a moan off.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2007, 2:35am

Hi

Stopped taking the ranitidene, but still getting these stingy twinges and my hearts a bit racey today.

It's ok until I get a pain right in my chest and breasts, not constant just everynow and then. sometimes momentary other it stays for a couple of minutes.

Trying to not panic

Thanks

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print