Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
twiching in neck (Read 13409 times)
Beanie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ohio
twiching in neck
Jan 17th, 2007, 6:58pm

I have not posted for awhile but have a quick question.  I have had benign PVC's for about 5 months. Does anyone else experience a quick strong twitching in their neck?  I have had some strong twitching just to the left of my adams apple that feels like a muscle twitch, but wondering if it could be connected to the PVC's.  I don't notice that they coincide, but they happen quick and too fast for me to notice any corellation.  Thanks

IP Logged
Nicolette
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: twiching in neck
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2007, 9:37am

Hello Beanie!

The same exact thing has been happening to me for a while. Because I worry, last night I asked my mom if she ever get's twitching in her neck and she said yes. I always wondered if they have any connection to pvc's also. But of course I  notice anything that happens with my heart. But yes, these ''twitches'' happen to me quite a bit. They are so annoying, but I'm sure they are nothing to worry about. Smiley

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2007, 4:37am

Hi

I have had the twitching in my neck. try to re-read Palpitations 1-6.  I'm sure it's all part of your vagus nerve being inappropriately stimulated.

Also you are probably anxious which makes you tense alot of the time so this also takes it's toll on the muscles in your neck. try not to worry and relax, it's nothing to worry about just irritating.

I also get spasms in my neck and a intense adreleline feeling there, it's just all part of the anxiety and sensory disturbances.

I'm sure RLR will be back soon, hopefully from a well deserved holiday, and it you want more reassurance I'm sure he'll have the answers.

Hope you feel better soon

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2007, 3:20pm

This is quite easy to explain and has a great deal to do with physiology and action potential of the Vagus nerve. If you've read my postings entitled HEART PALPITATIONS 101, then you'll discover that the Vagus never innervates the larnyx( very near to the "adams apple") and twitching can be an extremely common occurance during stress and inappropriate signal transduction by the Vagus nerve, which also is responsible for the benign palpitations.

The are all but mere symptoms and you're physically fine. The symptoms are not associated with disease of any kind.

As for Kaythryn's mention of a well-deserved holiday, I've actually been engrossed in helping my wife  deal with illness, a prospect that has of late indicated that our time together may grow short. I share this with you to reaffirm that you must not let the presence of mere symptoms retract you from living a full life. My wife and I have seen the world together and lived a full life, never worrying about how much is left, but rather what kind of quality is present on a daily basis.

Its perfectly okay to be afraid of something until you've made the effort to understand it from a logical perspective, which places all the voo-doo and unbridled apprehension on the shelf.

All of you will live long and healthy lives. You've merely allowed your focus to be directed upon health matters that are entirely mis-perceived. Nothing will come of your palpitations. Ever. Ignore them and they will diminish. Look ahead to what you dream of and capture it with all your strength. Think more pro-active and less introspective. It will bring great things your way.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2007, 2:53am

All my good thoughts and wishes go to you and your wife
carol x

IP Logged
saab

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2007, 3:12am

I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's illness. You have offered wonderful support to those who read this forum and the previous one and I know that we are all thinking of you at this time. Best wishes.

IP Logged
Beanie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ohio
Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2007, 5:21am

My prayers go to you and your wife.  She is lucky to have you.  Your words about life are wise.  Thank you.

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2007, 5:29am

Hi

Well I wish it had been a well deserved holiday for you rather than your wife being ill.  I am sorry to hear that and the only piece of solace is that she has a lovely gentleman like you caring for her.  My prayers are with you and your wife.

Like you say certainly puts things into perspective.

Also we're here for you as much as you are for us. x

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Nicolette
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2007, 7:37am

RLR, My thoughts and prayers with you and your wife. Kathryn is right, we are all here for you as much as you are for us. God bless you and your wife.

~Nicolette

IP Logged
DianaJJ
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Southern California
Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2007, 11:09am

RLR,

So sorry to hear your wife has been ill.  Thanks so much for taking the time to continue to reassure us about our problems.  We are all hoping she will have a swift recovery, our thoughts are with you and your wife.

DianaJJ

IP Logged
TOOTS

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2007, 2:29pm

RLR, just wanted to say thank you for all your help and great re assurance and that my thoughts are with you and your wife.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print