Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Poll Poll
Question: Aloe Vera Gel caps or Aloe Gel caps

Aloe Vera Gel cap being helpful?  
  1 (100%)
Is it Aloe Vera Gel caps or Aloe Gel caps?  
  0 (0%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: Bludhalia on: Jan 19th, 2013, 1:18pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
The welcome thread (Read 172360 times)
Joesparrow
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

United Kingdom
Re: The welcome thread
Reply #30 - Feb 27th, 2007, 8:09am

....continued......I’m still a bridge to far away from finishing and if it gets published I’ll be sure to send you a copy. But I warn you, you’ll need a coffee table with rather strong legs to support the Redwood tree needed to bind and compile this one…..

Regards and good health to everyone, again take care Saab and don't give up hope.

Apologies for the length of my double posting..

Sanjay.

IP Logged
saab

Reply #31 - Feb 27th, 2007, 11:28am

Thanks for such a great reply, Sanjay. Like everyone, I am looking for a magic wand to make these things disappear, although I know in reality that it will be a long process of overcoming the anxiety that feeds them. Mostly, I am past the feeling that I am about to drop dead, thankfully, just at the stage where I am mostly ok with occasional days of anxiety in various degrees (like yesterday). Keeping busy helps, not dwelling on things, eating lightly, gentle exercise, - all have been beneficial to me. No caffeine at all, no alcohol. I do find that if I don't sleep well, or the kids wake me up really early, then that seems to lead to ectopics/anxiety fairly consistently. RLR's advice has been very helpful - part of the problem has been that ectopics were never explained to me, certainly no-one ever said "they are harmless, cannot damage your heart, will never lead to a heart attack, you don't have heart disease" etc. It was more "Go home..you're fine". I hope eventually to get on top of the anxiety totally and then I believe the ectopics may well disappear. Best wishes.

IP Logged
srh
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #32 - Jul 6th, 2008, 7:41pm

Several people have talked about your forum but were unable to provide  me with a link or web address.  I then came another forum where members were discussing this site but the administrator deleted the link weeks earlier.  

I took bits and pieces of information I DID have and spent the last several hours googling you.  I'm so pleased I've found you but now completely exhausted and must rest.  Shocked

IP Logged
Stu M

Keep Smiling :0)

Northants - UK
Reply #33 - Jul 7th, 2008, 4:43am

Thats such a shame it was so hard for you to find this forum!

Also it annoys me when admins delete links to other sites when in the end we are just trying to help each other.

But glad you found it in the end, welcome, this is a great site that has helped me imensly Smiley

Stu

IP Logged
srh
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #34 - Jul 7th, 2008, 5:18am

Stu M wrote on Jul 7th, 2008, 4:43am:
Thats such a shame it was so hard for you to find this forum!

Also it annoys me when admins delete links to other sites when in the end we are just trying to help each other.

But glad you found it in the end, welcome, this is a great site that has helped me imensly Smiley

Stu

Thank you Stu.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #35 - Jul 7th, 2008, 3:03pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. My apologies for your difficulty in locating the site. It is indeed difficult to find for some reason.

The forum is certainly open to all who may have need of the support provided here and you are free to distribute the link as you wish. And unlike other sites, you are entirely free to post links here leading to other forums that you believe may be of benefit to the members and guests.

Again, welcome and we're glad to have you join us.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
keepie
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #36 - Jul 9th, 2008, 3:49am

Hi.  I'm new here and very much appreciate the support and perspective that I have found through reading through the posts.  I look forward to learning more.

Thanks,

IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Reply #37 - Jul 11th, 2008, 10:05am

Hello everyone!

I am new here. Just started posting a couple days ago about extra beats (pvc's) and the craziness it causes!  Then somehow I went off on some other medical tengent (MS) and between that, pvc's, potential dx's, my mind is going 100 mph and I am scared!  

BUT, I know that someday I will cope better.  I cope somewhat ok, in that sometimes I can ignore the pvc's, but the past 3 days they have been really bad!

Enough of that!

I look forward to meeting you all. I have 3 children (ages (girl 7), (boy 4) and another (girl 3).  And another big kid, my husband.  hehe.

I am going to school to become an RN.  have a year left to go!  Been a long road, especially with having kids in between school, heath problems, but it only makes one stronger I think!

Good luck to you all in dealing with these pvc's/pac's.  I honestly think "Acceptance" is the key (as I have been told many, many times), but its the getting there that is hard.

With each other's support and RLR's knowdledge and reassurance, we WILL get there.  it will take time, but WE CAN DO IT!

I am thinking of you all as you go through this.  Know that you are definitely NOT alone, even in the deepest times when you think you are.

Hugs to everyone..

Steff   Smiley

IP Logged
Alisonj
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Ontario Canada
Reply #38 - Aug 11th, 2008, 7:39pm

Hi there
I am a newbie! I posted yesterday about my "history" etc. I dont know if maybe I posted too much or something because it has not gotten any responses yet Undecided Hopefully I will get to know people and navigate my way around here.

If you cant see the light at the end of the tunnel..crawl down and turn it on yourself!
  IP Logged
Happy
Forum Newbies

Reply #39 - Sep 18th, 2008, 11:46am

Hello everyone!

I recently viewed this site because of a recommendation from a member of a menopause site.  What great info here! Smiley I have been having pvc's, flutters, and all sorts of uncomfortable beats for many years.  I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse about 30 years ago and started on a beta blocker after 6 months of panic attacks.  I think I have read every book on the subject!  Shocked But I really like the explanations on this site.  I, too, have premature beats when I exercise, some days worse than others.  But I get on the treadmill everyday--it really does help.  I am not a runner, but a moderate walker.  Lately the premature beats have been occurring at night, keeping me from sleeping well. Sometimes if I get up and move around the beats go back to "normal", whatever that is!  Tongue  But I would rather exerience the off-beats that the flutters and panic.  Along with the heartbeats and anxiety, I have IBS, reflux and severe headaches at times.  And now I know how these are connected.  Taking just one day at a time helps keep life in perspective. Thanks for all the information that you provide!  It really is a great service.

IP Logged
Glen

I Love YaBB 2!

mid-west
Reply #40 - Sep 20th, 2008, 8:07pm

Sorry Embarrassed I did not know to post here when you joined. I'm late Shocked
Thanks to RLR thinks have begun to get better. Thanks to you all Wink
Glen

IP Logged
Cindy
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #41 - Sep 24th, 2008, 2:46pm

Hi all,
Came here from recommendation from a menopause website.

I'm 55 was was healthy until peri and all hell broke loose.  Had a few episodes of SVT necessitating going to the ER, but none recently.  

But I do have heart pounding which keeps me awake, and more recently a faster, mostly regular HR that seems weaker than normal with episodes of SOB when walking only short distances.  Yet a week or so ago I walked a brisk 2 miles/day for 4 days in a row and felt great.

When these recent episodes happen I get so scared that the anxiety goes into panic.  But most definitely the anxiety and panic do not come first.  They kick in when these heart things and SOB start up.

The only test I haven't had is a cardiac cath.  From what I understand all those other tests can look fine but you can still have a blockage.
So I don't believe them when they say I'm fine, yet these things keep happening.

Anyway, glad to be here, hoping to learn a lot.

Cindy

IP Logged
Dux
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2008, 2:11pm

Hi

Just wanted to say hello, I hope I can find the answers I'm looking for about Heart palpitations.

My Name is Doug and I live in New York with my Wife. I work in the city for a large information company.

I have Anxiety and panic issues but my biggest concern is the heart palps I get sometimes on a daily basis

I look forward to reading and understanding heart Palps better

Thanks
Douglas

IP Logged
allaflutteringeorgia
Forum Newbies

ah, to be flutter
free...

Reply #43 - Feb 9th, 2009, 2:59pm

Hello,

I am a 47 year old female who started having heart "fluttersa' about 8 months ago, as well as several other different sensations.
As with most of you I was petrified, so I went to my family Dr and he ordered a serries of GI tests including the barrium test. It was concluded that I have GERD and he started me on Nexium.
He refered me to a cardioogist for the irregular heart rhythmn. I had an ECG done that I was told was irregular, that it looked like something was "archaic" no idea what that meant. So a nuclear stress test was next, well I have asthma so they had to chemically induce me. Once again the tests showed that the "stress" portion of the test was abnormal SO my cardiologist ordered a heart catheter. I was mortified!!!! What a scary procedure.
The weird thing is that per the cardiologist my heart is sound, no blockages at all.
I do however have a congenital heart defect on the left side of the heart, nothing to be 'concerned" about I was told i was just wired differently.
So how can I have an irregular ECG and stress test but then my heart be sound per the cath?
I am told that my PVC's and PAC's are benign.
So after all the time and money spent that's all I get is "don't worry, they are benign." No explanation as to what may be causing them at all. I had to start researching myself. I have read every article I can find, i have joined every forum I could find,all in hopes of better understanding what is going on.
I have come to know most of my personal triggers and to avoid them.
On days that they just seem inevitable I have learned not to panic. The one thing I cannot control is how bad I feel after a long run of PAC's and PVC's. I am exhausted, I yawn alot and my chest muscles hurt like someone punched me for days afterwards.
I am hoping that by learning to control my GERD I can contol the irregular heartbeat to a degree. I am also going to start trying different supplements like magnesium, fish olis and CoQ10. I don't want to take the Beta Blockers that my cardiologist prescribed as the side effects seem to be to much of a risk for me to want to try.

I am glad to have found this site and read that I am not alone.

IP Logged
Marty
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Apr 10th, 2009, 9:51am

Hi,
And hi to all. My name is Marty, Short for Martha. I have had HP for about 4 years now. Finding this site has been a very nice thing for me. I have read a lot of the post and they have made me much more relaxed about my HP's.
Thank you all for posting..

Marty

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print