Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello i'm new here. (Read 4044 times)
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Hello i'm new here.
Jan 27th, 2007, 11:06am

Hello everyone, i have been having ectopic beats for 11 years now, ever since i had a great shock!  
Two years ago i had another great shock and think that i have developed PTSD and my ectopic beats have become even worse.  I get them everyday without fail even when i am relaxed.  I have had lots and lots of ECG's and they have all been fine, last week i had a holter monitor on for over 48 hours and am still waiting for my results, even though i only had a coupld while i was wearing it.  LOL. Typical i know.
Today i have been quite relaxed and had three big ones this morning before i got up and after i finished my tea i was chatting to my hubby again quite relaxed and i had 4 massive ectopics and the second one i had was like a double flip, like your heart does the cha cha. I get this quite a lot too, not just one skipped beat at once.  These really scare me even though i know all about them and have been having them for a long time and obviously they have not done any damage but they still frighten me a lot and no matter what i do, where i go etc, etc, they are always there and they stop me doing things that i would have normally done.  Angiebaby.x

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
Beanie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ohio
Re: Hello i'm new here.
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2007, 7:25am

Welcome to the forum. Great place to come and read and chat with others that know where your coming from!!  I think the worst part of this is when we let them ruin our day and stop us from doing what we would normally do.  Sometimes I have to force myself to get going and do the things I would normally do, and work through them. I don't think the episodes of missed beats directly coincides with the timliness of stress and relaxtion.  Not an immediate reaction.  I think it kind of filters through days and weeks at a time.  You have to have a length of time where things are relaxed before they start calming down.  AT least that is how it seems to be for me.  Welcome again.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: Hello i'm new here.
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2007, 3:02pm

Hi Angie,

It's important to be careful about assumptions regarding PTSD and other disorders associated with anxiety. The collective realm of these disorders can be very deceiving in their origins and its always important to discuss these with a professional experienced in such matters to help you identify the source and how to combat it.

Benign heart palpitations are very often a feature of PTSD and anxiety disorders in general. As I've discussed countless times with my patients and members to this forum, they are physiologically harmless and will never damage the heart or cause a cardiac event. Frightful to be sure, they are otherwise nothing but a great nusiance. You're going to be just fine. Welcome to the forum.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print