Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Weird Beats???
Feb 08th, 2007, 1:59pm

Hi all

Sorry but I love the snow!  

Anyway, yesterday I had a weird beat, sort of grisley whilst eating my lunch, not sure if it was a weird beat but felt like it.  Then this morning I had a missed beat which I was okish about, then when I went to pick up a friend from the station, I sat in my car and everytime I breathed in it felt like my heart was going out of sinc, normally I get one and then feel the wind go up my chest and I burp, but today it happened over and over each time I breathed in maybe inbetween to can't remember, and no burp, just what felt like a block of air just above my heart that wouldn't shift! but when I checked my pulse I don't think it skipped any beats, it just seemed an extra hard beat in my pulse, when it happened, does this make sense?  I think I had it before but not sure, is this ok, could it just be wind, I've got used to one offs but when I get it over and over a get frightened, was anxious most of the afternoon after, but not as much as I may have done a year ago. Forgot to say I'm also due on in about 10 days!

I'd been throwing snowballs and making a not very good snowman (incomplete) this morning and tokk children to the park later and was messing about then too (before the weird beats).

I am under alot of financial stress at the moment, but I'm actually not that worried about it. So can not see how that could be effecting me, also me and my hubby had a big argument on Monday I think and I got quite upset, we made up not long after.  So trying to put it down to that, but my thoughts are running away with me because I had it over and over for about a minute, that I can't get over it.  also this eve I'm getting little twinges, but my chest is bubberly too.

Trying to think logically.  Anyone else get that?

Thanks

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Re: Weird Beats???
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2007, 3:07pm

Hi

Feeling really quite panicy, I've been getting a lot more missed beats than I have been recently, I wrote about the weird one above, and today  I woke with a headache and took 2 paracetamol,  around my eyes still hurt mildly, as it was at first hard to distinguish where the pain was, so I took a sudofed decongestant tablet, that the doctor gave me last week.  This helped and felt okish, chest felt odd but I'm due on etc so just tried to get on with things, early afternoon we took the children to the ball park and had dinnerabout 3ish, my husband got me a small glass of rose wine to have with my dinner, I have been avoiding alcohol, but thought if I drink it slow and with my dinner my food should absorb it, ate our food, then 15-30 mins later took the children back to the ball park, sat for a while then got a strong what I call a gristly beat, (had a couple lately actually) we left there our friends come to ours, we had a nice time they left I bathed the children then come down my eldest and youngest wouldn't settle and as it's school holidays this week didn't mind them staying up, I had been looking through catologues and was huddled up all comfy on the sofa when BAM, I can't think for sure, but I got that wierd feeling (like a big bolt of wind is about to come up right above my heart) I get this nearly every time I get a missed beat, then my heart kind of missed a beat (not 100%) and then it felt like it was all over the place not being able to find a rhythem, so I panic sat up and checked my pulse and it was racing then went back to about 95bpm, I then said to my hubby, Kev my heart, then realised my son was on the sofa so back tracked.  Now I'm not sure what truly happened, my heart definately did something odd, but as I wasn't checking my pulse couldn't tell you what.  I need some reassurance?

I've got to go bed in a minute and I'm letting my thoughts run away with me.

I know theres alot on me at the moment, like our finances and the bank won't up our overdraft temporarily until we sell our car, and we're already over our current one, and I have no idea why as we've been careful, fortunately my husband will finishing his contract with the agency and be transfering to the company so it's better money.  I'm also going for a job, so my hubby can give up some nights of his evening job so we can be at home together and not in the car, but having a problem with people commiting to look after my youngest.  I am really trying hard not to get stressed and to totally panic about my weird beats the past week.

Since the episode tonight I've done nothing but burp.  

Does anyone else get these wierd beats not just the missed ones but odd?

I need to know what happened was ok, My throat is really dry now and I come over really hot when it happened.  Sorry to have given you a running commentry of my day, but I'm having one of my bad times.

Thanks for listening, any reasurrance would be great

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2007, 10:15pm

Morning

Well it's 6am, and whilst laying in bed my body was making some weird noises I could feel the wind rattling in my bowels and stomach and weird fizzing and all sorts of noises in my chest,  RLR I'm trying to apply what you told me from the sensations post for last night, would the same principle cause a missed or abnormal heart beat?

Been trying to think, right ok just get on today as if nothing happened, I'm getting alot of pounding this morning.  But it's just trying to block out the little but loud voice saying "What if it happens again?" What if it doesn't calm down then what do you do?", and to be honest I'm struggling to think positively.

My sinuses are very slightly achey (just feel it) and my wee is burning which it has been for a couple of days on and off.  So I'm going to take a couple of paracetamol and have a glass of pure cranberry juice (yuk)

Still feeling slightly panicky.

Hope everyone else is ok

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2007, 4:22am

Kathryn,

I've reviewed the posts and all of what you are describing is being caused by Vagal nerve stimulation secondary to trapped air in the lumen of the intestines. Like you, I also mark this exacerbation of symptoms with the timing of an earlier emotional spat with your husband. Your emotions have historically equated to physical symptoms quite rapidly and linger for several days.

Any change in stress is going to translate to an increase in symptoms. Nothing physical has actually changed, only the symptoms themselves. You're going to be just fine.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Nicolette
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2007, 8:11am

Hi Kathryn!

You took the words right out of my mouth! I have been having those EXACT same symptoms for a few days now. One of these episodes happened on Saturday evening. I got into a heated arguement with my mom, ans about 25 minutes later, I had really bad PVC's, and when I tried to take a deep breath, my chest hurt. I can't even put into words the sensation I felt through my body, but I thought I was going to die. Every time I took a breath, I would get more PVC's, and it kind of felt like I had trapped air in my throat. I don't know if this has to do with my anxiety, stopping my previous medications and starting new ones, which happen to be Lithium, and Xanax XR, or if has to do with my cycle. I'm due in about 10 days. I'm trying my best to deal with these darn things, but every time I think I got it under control, they come back full throttle!

~Nicolette

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2007, 8:58am

Hi

Thanks again RLR, I think perhaps being nearer my cycle makes me a little less laid back and I haven't much tolerance, so get stressed easier, Do you think it would be an idea to try the evening primrose oil and Vit B6 again to help with the moodiness?

Nicolette

Thanks for posting, it's always reassuring when someone else experiences the same things (not that I wish it on anyone),  I'm about day 28 of my cycle and am normally about 31 -34 days so not in the greatest of moods, trying to not get stressed, but children are on 1/2 term and that in itself is a challenge at the best of times to keep them all happy and occupied, but I love them to bits bless them  Huh

Perhaps its a combination for you, I do always like RLR said get like this when I get stressed or over emotional about something.  When I had my 1st daughter I had post natal depression, they gave me seroxat and for the first few weeks nothing bothered me I felt so calm and collected it was great, then I started to feel bad on them (funny enough my missed beats started when I stopped these)  I wish I could feel that way again without pills it was such a great feeling!

I think for us women our hormones have alot to answer for!!!! I always feel more anxious and am more prone to missed beats etc nearer my period.  or occasionally around the time I ovulate.

Actually quick ? for RLR, when I had to go doctors with the gastroenteritus, my husband mentioned that my tummy problems have started since I had my 1st daughter by C-section, and that I'd never had my tummy checked properly, he said that the bowel can get stuck to scar tissue, so could this be the reason my IBS plays up more around my period?  

I've had the pain in the chest and I honestly think thats just trapped air, I've had it where everytime I breath in I get a piecing pain under my left breast, eventually it bubbles away.  I've had amazing amounts of wind today (not a nice thought for you all I know), like I said I was laying in bed and I could feel it moving in my chest and my stomach everywhere.

We all don't seem to be able to cope with stress or upset very well (I used to),  You mentioned your throat, funny enough before the episode last night I had a pain beside my wind pipe on the left side it hurt to swallow and still is hurting on and off but I think my bottom left wisdom tooth is on the move again as my gum hurts and I've got a sore lump under my jaw.

I hope your's calms down soon, I normally get myself our of this by trying to think positively and to just try to get on as normal, but sometimes when my period is due it's just a case of riding the storm.

Thanks RLR and Nicollette.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2007, 2:52pm

okay, first I won't being going there with regard to "Primrose oil" and any other potion. These things will empty your wallet and yield nothing but a placebo response. As I've stated hundreds of times previously, the vitamin and supplement industry is a multi-billion dollar enterprise because their marketing tells you that you "need" it to be healthy and that it can cure whatever ails you. This is an age-old ploy that is often hightlighted in western folklore movies where the "elixer" salesman panders his wares on an unsuspecting audience. In every household of persons who steer in the direction of these products, is a dusty closet shelf loaded with half-empty bottles of various kinds of vitamins, minerals and supplements that they thought would be the magic bullet. The money would be better spent on a good night out. These vitamins are also rough on a sensitive stomach and will increase indigestion in most cases, only making matters worse. You have to understand that the human body can often suffer symptoms without ever actually having a problem. As such, we can't fix it because nothing is actually wrong. Well, this is where the vitamin bunch come rushing in with claims that the healthcare industry just doesn't know how to identify your problem or provide a cure. They'll take you on a ride again and again until you learn that the only thing you're parting with is your money.

Now, as for your "bowel" getting snagged on scar tissue, I'm going to have to put the kibash on that one because from an anatomical standpoint, your intestines, particularly the bowel, are not resting directly against any muscular or fibrous tissue where scleral or scar tissue would cause impingement or abrasion of the proximal intestinal tissues. There's a visceral capsule that encases the cavity where your intestines and bowel are housed. Many women who are post c-section will, however, complain of scar pain on occasion, as well as muscular type pains when either exercising or promoting tension on the area affected. This in no way is associated with contact by the area with intestinal tissues.

Your IBS symptoms are exacerbated by the relative degree of emotional stress you are experiencing and some recent research also suggests that the immune system may play a role in the relative expression of symptoms of IBS, but the jury is still out on that one. You're going to be fine, Kathryn.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2007, 10:58pm

Thank you.

I do complain of my scar hurting and now and then it bruises.

Last time I took the vitamins I didn't really feel that much different but thought it was because I hadn't taken them long enough.  One of my doctors prescribed them for me!  Thanks I won't be wasting my money!

Thanks

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print