Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Short runs (Read 3607 times)
Dickyboy199

England
Short runs
Feb 11th, 2007, 8:41am

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone else experiences short runs of ectopics like I do (see weird arrythmia post).  I am getting short runs of ectopic beats daily and sometimes more than once a day with the odd isolated ectopic thrown in for good measure!  This has increased to this frequency since December last year.

I've had good reassuring posts from lots of you and from RLR and I'm seeing my cardiologist in March but just wondered how common this is with everyone.

Thanks

Richard

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re: Short runs
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2007, 9:45am

Hi there
I get this too. I am waiting to see a cardiologist but I am very frightened now after all sorts was picked up on the holter monitor - and I didn't think anything would show up that day as I felt it was a low-symptom day. I hate to think what the results would be like if it was today for example or any day over the last week.
Hope you manage to not be too scared - unlike me!

IP Logged
Dickyboy199

England
Re: Short runs
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2007, 10:22am

Hi Beadbabe,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing similar symptoms to myself.  I am currently waiting for yet another holter and then a consultation on 16th March.  My symptoms are progressively getting worse.  Yesterday I had 4 seperate episodes of weird beat runs.  Also I find that I get really hot when it happens.  I only noticed that a few times some weeks ago and now it seems to happen everytime I get it.  I'm concerned because this odd rythmn started about 3 years ago and didn't get any worse in frequency until just before Christmas, now I get it everyday virtually without fail.  Yesterday was four times and today it's happen twice so far.

I am sure that your holter results are ok.  I remember asking for the printout of mine back in 2004 and it had things like wide premas, narrow premas, atrials, ventriculars and some other things that I couldn't understand.  My cardiologist wasn't the bit concerned and basically said they were all forms of ectopics and one episode of bigeminy.  He still insisted there was nothing wrong structually and said the cases he has that have to have electrophysiology studies have printouts as thick as a phone book.  Mine was only two A4 sheets and that was a weeks worth where I had written down hundreds of PVC's!!  He told me to stay on Bisoprolol (beta blocker) which I had been taking previously for some months.  I have heard of Atenalol and it seems to be prescribed pretty wide spread.  I wasn't aware that it had an arrythmic effect though.

I hope that your results are ok and that your consultation is reassuring.  Going by your symptoms I am sure that everything is ok.  We just have to live with the fear of these things and yet not get obsessive or moan or groan or even panic when we experience the feelings we get!

Take care

Best Wishes

Rich

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print