Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
'funny head' (Read 7598 times)
rosekay

I Love YaBB 2!

South Wales
'funny head'
Jun 26th, 2007, 2:09am

Hi everyone.  I'm coping better with the skipped beats after the messages I've had from this site, such a big help.
I wondered if anyone could relate to this weird feeling I get in my head - you know the sort of vibration feeling from hitting a tuning fork? I sometimes get that across the top of my head, sort of inside, and it really freaks me out.  I don't exactly get dizzy, but I feel weird and it's really odd.  It sounds crazy I know, and I can't think why it happens.  Not that often, but when it does it's just awful.  It happened last night while I was enjoying watching Wimbledon, no idea why.  I'd love to hear if this makes any sense to anyone!
All the best
rosekay

IP Logged
billycat

England
Re: 'funny head'
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2007, 2:26pm

Hi Rosekay,

I think I know what you mean by the vibrations in your head - I get these too. Mine feel like they go right through the centre of my brain. They're only for a split second - but are absolutely foul. I worry about getting them even before I have them!

I posted about this too (on Page 2 - "Head Tremours...").  I know that head "zaps" can be caused by certain medication like anti-depressants - have you taken these in the past? However, I'm not sure that mine are solely related to anti-depressants as I remember having the vibrations before I ever took any medication.

I think mine are more frequent if I'm 1) really anxious; 2) really tired; 3) when my sinuses are really bad (I get ear nose and throat problems all the time and I think this affects it).

I'll watch what other people reply to your post - its always reassuring to find that you're not the only one with weird sensations!!

I hope this helps you to feel a tiny bit better!!

Best Wishes,

billycat
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2007, 5:56am

Hi there
I have these things - I don't know if mine are quite the same - more like a strange swooping sensation in my head. Not paintful just weird - momentary and then normal again. Enough to trigger a panic attack though.

have you looked at www.nomorepanic.co.uk

There are loads of people on there who get these. And everything everyone there has in common is anxiety. I had them before taking anxiety medication (I got them more at the start of taking anxiety medication) but less now. They are weird but presumably harmless as I have had hundreds over the last year or so.

bead

IP Logged
rosekay

I Love YaBB 2!

South Wales
Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2007, 5:46am

Hi Bead - I really thought I was going crazy with this head stuff - either that or about to have a stroke or something, naturally!  It's weird it doesn't seem to have anything to do with anxiety particularly, last time I was happily watching tennis on tv.  It can happen absolutely any time, right out of the blue.  Doesn't happen terribly often, but when it does it shakes me up. Not at all painful just really weird!  So relieved to know it's not just me.  Will check out the other site, thank you!
Rosekay

IP Logged
rosekay

I Love YaBB 2!

South Wales
Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2007, 5:47am

Sorry, me again!  Forgot to mention to Billycat, I am taking Bisoprolol and Omeprazole, that's all.  Don't think the feelings are related to them.  Thanks so much for your post  Smiley
Rosekay

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2007, 9:50am

HI there
No you don't have to be feeling especially anxious at the time it happens. That is the weird thiing with anxiety. I could be sitting watching telly when it happens too. it does actually happen when I am tired even more.
I have spent a couple of years thinking it was an imminent sign of a stroke but it never has been of course.
Hope youre feeling okay

IP Logged
saab

Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2007, 1:16pm

I don't know if I've ever had the funny head feeling - apart from that occasional feeling of a tiny electric current passing through your head, which I assume is normal because other people have told me they get it. I am always surprised though that I could seem to suddenly become anxious for no reason, even just relaxing watching tv or playing with my children. I can only describe it as a wave of anxiety coming over you just like a wave of nausea does - you really can't do anything to stop it coming. I could only think that it was because I had been so anxious for so long that my anxiety/panic no longer needed a trigger - it just popped up on it's own. Also, I was so anxious that I was never really relaxed, even when I thought I was.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print