Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just had a massive panic attack! (Read 18743 times)
saab

Re: Just had a massive panic attack!
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2007, 1:01am

Thanks - just had a bit of a cry and a big cuddle from my husband and kids. Woke up - could feel ectopics in my chest and pulse. It seems like previously I had them very frequently (eg every 3rd or 4th beat) for short periods - now I seem to have them a couple of times a minute, but a lot of the time. I might go back to the GP after my hols just to put my mind at rest - feel a bit like I'm back where I was three years ago. I had always expected to have setbacks, and even anticipated the ectopics returning, but I'm more upset about it than I thought I would be.

I obviously feel a bit like I don't want to go to Cornwall now, but I'm sure it will be okay. See you all after my hol.

IP Logged
seffie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2007, 12:35am

Hi Saab,
I know you won't get this for a week or so but just wanted to say how sorry I am that your ectopics have come back. Earlier this year mine virtually disappeared for about 3 months only to return with a vengeance. It's funny but I find when I have them every day I eventually find it easier to accept them but when they return after a break they scare me as much, if not more, than ever.

I don't know how old you are but if you're anywhere near your mid to late 30's it could be hormonal.
I know that lots of women start to experience changes in their hormone levels in their 30's & the perimenopause stage can last up to 10 years. Apologies if you're younger than this, it's just that I noticed my palps getting worse in my 30's & they really took off 3 years ago when I was 41 & started noticing other hormonal changes.
It could also just be one of those things, I often spend ages thinking about what may have triggered my palps but now I just try to accept them as much as possible. It's like some days a certain food will trigger them & another not.I think going to your doctor for reassurance is a good idea, that might be enough to stop them again.

You are always very supportive to everyone on here Saab, & always reply promptly to other peoples posts with reassuring words so I just wanted to thank you for that & hope that you have / had a relaxing, palp-free holiday!!
love Seffie xx

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2007, 5:10am

angiebaby
don't worry about personality changes - the only personality changes will be ones for the better as you work through your difficulties and become a stronger person as a result. Our experiences make us change and grow - and that is what experiences are all about. I sometimes wonder if I would have anxiety at all if I had changed and grown a bit more, but I never really analysed myself before this. Perhaps I needed to more. But sometimes life changes so dramatically or our perspectives shift so dramatically that this unsettles us, and it is too quick for us to adapt to. So it takes time.

My GP told me not to expect to gte better any time soon, but to look for changes over a six month period, not even day to day, week to week. Because we all have ups and downs.

I hope you are having a better week.

I am off chasing the sunshine next week with my mum and kids so will be out of touch for a while.
Hope you all have a palpitation-lite week!
Bead
x

IP Logged
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2007, 10:40am

Thanks bead, have a wonderful holiday and i will speak to you soon.  Hope the weather is nice for you and you come back a 'new' woman and all refreshed!!xx

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print