Send Topic Print
Dentist (Read 6094 times)
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Dentist
Oct 18th, 2007, 3:16am

Hi there
Just had another dentist appointment - had horrible shakes and irregular heart beat after the injection. Actually I am never worried about the injection it's not being able to breathe while all that water is collecting in your mouth.

I went really hot and couldn't even hold the glass of water - then the dentist tells me the injection has adrenaline in it. Is it possible to over-react to these medicines?

I am home now and feel okay but that was a horrible half hour in the dentists chair - I have never had that problem before.

bead

IP Logged
seffie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Dentist
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2007, 12:13am

Hi Bead,
yes I've heard that the injection has adrenaline in it. I think you can ask for one without adrenaline if you are sensitive to it as we obviously are-I don't need anymore of the stuff thanks very much I make plenty myself!!
Next time tell them this as they should be able to give you an adrenaline free one.
Seffie xx

IP Logged
billycat

England
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2007, 8:51am

I know this may seem freakish - but have you thought about NOT having the injection at all?!?

I developed a smashing phobia of the dentist only a year or two ago (during a period of really high anxiety) and the injection bit is the worst bit for me. It's not the atcual injection but the loss of sensation that frightens me. I HATE not being able to feel something - so I choose not to have an injection now -which is also scary, but I feel a bit more in control and the whole thing only takes a few minutes.

billycat
  IP Logged
DianaJJ
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Southern California
Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2007, 3:52pm

Hi,

I had exactly the same experience the last time I went to the dentist.  I had a rapid heartbeat with palpitations, a feeling that I couldn't breathe and waves of dizziness too.  It was very scary and I told the assistant I needed to use the restroom so I could get up and try and calm myself down.  After a few minutes the feeling passed but I'm going to ask for the nonadrenaline type injection next time!

DianaJJ

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print