Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Frequency and duration (Read 5597 times)
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Frequency and duration
Nov 26th, 2007, 1:42am

Hi there
I'm posting because despite improvements on the anxiety front my ectopics (are they ectopics) are back with a vengeance.

The most normal beats in my pulse in the last 48 hours have been 8 beats and then it has gone all wibbly in my pulse and fluttering and pounding in my chest.

although I have had thousands of ectopics per day in the past I thought they were getting less but I have to say I have never had them this badly and this aggressively.

They are very noticeable and I am quite trembly with them which I have not noticed before. Even doing minor stuff is making my heart feel overworked. And I know it can cope with more than walking round the house as I have been going to the gym for the last month.

Also - how am I going to know when these so called benign palpitations are something to worry about or not? I find it hard to know at what point these are serious as a few an hour I could cope with but not this many. Quite a high percentage of my normal heart rate is now irregular. I can't get to see the doctor ( I have a feeling they have marked my card and don't let me to see him unless it is for routine appointment).

And I feel disappointed as I have been going to the gym as recommended by the cardiologist and the gp, but have seen no improvement at all after a month of going twice per week for an hour each time.

I don't know what to do and have been sitting home crying for an hour now. I couldn't even take my children to school today. I feel like such a wreck and a waste of space.

bead   :'( :'( :'(

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re: Frequency and duration
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2007, 1:54am

PS. I have had odd illness since Thursday night - chills and shivering, feeling very hot and weak, cough, light-headed, headache, nausea. Worse by far late afternoon onwards. Nurofen not enough to work either. Flu? I have had not had this combo of symptoms before.

Could an illness be enough to cause my heart to go into weird mode again?? And why is that?

IP Logged
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2007, 5:13am

I am sorry that you are suffering so much again bead.  You have been doing so very well and i think you are so brave with what you put up with.  Mine are nowhere near as severe as yours and i can't cope with the one's i get.  You are an inspiration indeed.
The only thing i can think of is if you are coming down with something, flu/virus etc, this can knock us off sometimes can't it?  And what about the medication you are taking, can nurofen make things worse, i do not know?  Does it list anything on the packet?  I know that i would like to try an antihistamine to see if that would help my dizziness, sinus's, but i am too scared to get any as it can cause your heart rate to increase, which scares me.  Stuck aren't we?  Have a look and see if it says anything about side effects.
I know i haven't been any help, but just want to let you know that i am thinking of you and can certainly understand you not being able to take the children to school, been there so many times myself so don't feel bad about that.  Quite understandable in the circumstances.
I hope you will be feeling better real soon!x

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
saab

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2007, 10:14am

Sorry to hear things are so bad at the moment. It is very disconcerting when your symptoms change.

I was at my GP's with my daughter last week and took the opportunity to mention that my ectopics were back and I was feeling them in my chest much more now - she listened to my heart (didn't have them at that time), but didn't seem concerned. It often seems that the only people interested in our symptoms and changes is us - I guess the way doctors feel is that if the tests have shown you are okay, then you are okay. It's just so hard to accept sometimes. We are so tuned in to what our bodies are doing that we notice every single sensation, whereas others would not be aware they were happening. I hope you feel better soon.

IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2007, 7:22am

my doctor said to me it doesnt matter how many you have they know they are harmless   hard to believe i know!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print