Send Topic Print
Could this be it???? (Read 3867 times)
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Could this be it????
Nov 28th, 2007, 4:30am

WELL!!!!!!!!!
I probably shouldn't be posting here about this now, because i may put the mockers on it, i really hope i don't.
For the past two days my dizziness has improved and there is only two things i have done differently!
Firstly, two nights ago i felt so very bad and ill, unreal and didn't recognize anyone or anything and the dizziness had got me so down etc, i went for a bath and had a good old SOB.  I sobbed my eyes out and prayed to my dad to please help me.  I felt so very ill, really.
And the second thing is i have not taken my Omeprazole for the past two days.
So, in conclusion, it must be either:
My sinus's - the good old sob could have cleared something a bit
(also i have not had any cheese for about a week, hard cheese)
or:
it was the Omeprazole.
This is logical to me, in either circumstance.
I have re read the side effects of Omeprazole and the symptoms i get are there, some of them are quite rare, but this is me we are talking about and i am highly sensitive nowadays to anything i take and have always been unlucky when it comes to getting something noone else would, lol.  I was taking 10mg in the morning after breakfast, which i know is a small dose, but i have been on them for many, many months now and they have helped to calm down the ectopic heart beats i get.
So i am hoping that it was the med's really.  If not then i will just have to stay clear of cheese forever and have a good sob every night, lol.
I don't care as long as the dizziness goes off, it was so severe and scary.
But one of the more common side effects of the med's (1 in 10 - 1 in 100) was vertigo!  So it could well have been that although it says that if you continue with the meds it should lessen and stop.  Maybe not with me eh?
We shall see.
Thankyou for all of your posts and support, i have been so bad recently, coming on here and seeing that people who understand how we can feel and how bad it really is read my posts and reply to me is wonderful, thanks again.x Wink

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re: Could this be it????
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2007, 5:02am

Why not ask your doc if you can experiment without the omap. tablets?
It's worth a try?

also sinus-y things can make you feel rough.

and we all need a good cry from time to time. I'm sure it serves a real purpose other than to make us look all unattractive red and blotchy?

Take care
love bead x

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2007, 9:49am

Here's some simple advice to keep in mind. Cheese in general is extremely constipating and if you add the Omeprazole, you are in essence making it increasingly difficult for your body to digest the cheese product. Patients with cramping, constipation or similar intestinal complaints in general describe brief bouts of dizziness. It's important to realize the effects of certain foods on the digestive system and how they can contribute to discomfort and other symptoms.

Also, just so you're aware, the effects of crying typically increases mucous production and generally plays no role in clearing your sinus passages. It's not as though crying will purge or drain your sinuses, but rather make the membranes swell temporarily. Crying does, however, create emotional relief and can reduce stress depending upon the underlying reasons for "crying."

Glad to hear you're doing better.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2007, 11:24am

Thanks for the replies.  I haven't taken the Omeprazole for the past two days and my dizziness is MUCH, MUCH better.
I still have all the other symptoms and a couple have reared their ugly head again now the dizziness is clearing a bit.  Still a little dizzy, anxiety related i think.  You know the normal fuzzy, unreal, cloudy and unsteady legs and that, but nothing anywhere near what i was having.
I have heard since i stopped the med's that someone else had a really rough time with this med and had to stop it on advice from NHS direct.  So i am thinking that it was the meds.
Just a quick worry though if i may, RLR i have just stopped taking the meds, i havent stopped gradually or weaned or anything, just haven't taken anymore for the past two day, will this be ok, it won't hurt me or give me any symptoms will it, i did it myself i didn't ask my gp, just stopped.  Is this ok?

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print