Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
heart surgeryHeart Palps are worse lately (Read 4162 times)
Barb P.
Forum Newbies

heart surgeryHeart Palps are worse lately
Dec 20th, 2007, 8:39am

Hello All,
Well, it has been a horrible month for me and my family. My Dad passed away after a 14 day fight after open heart surgery. During that time, I was HIGHLY stressed. To the point of almost having daily full blown panic attacks. SInce then, I have been having heart palps everyday. They are not hard ones, but I sure can feel them. When they start they stay around for most of the day and settle down by evening. Plus I have been having gastric problems too on top of it. When I feel bloated and insides are bubbling,  the palps are worse. I just have to get my insides  under control. I have had bad upset stomach for the last few days, so My diet is now very easy on the digestion. I take probiotics, and enzymes too after eating. I guess I just wanted to vent, when the palps get bad, I find comfort here.

Thanks for listening
Barb

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re:  heart surgeryHeart Palps are worse lately
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2007, 12:07pm

Hello
Sorry to hear you have had bad news. It's understandable you are feeling at a bad point.
Fully sympathise with the panic attacks and palpitations. I don't get as many pas these days - down from one or two per day to one or two per month. But I still have palpitations (ectopics mainly) all day every day. At best about one a minute, so not great. And do find it's great to talk to other people who have had them too. You'kk find plenty support on here.
Guess you have had plenty tests and so on. But I'm sure you can see life's stresses aggravate our conditions.
Take care
bead

IP Logged
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2007, 12:26pm

Hi Barb, so sorry to hear the news about your dad.  Mine died very suddenly - no warning, in my arms in September, so believe me when i say i know how you feel.
I was also having panic attacks more than once a day too, now i get about two or three a month, if i am lucky.  But i have very bad anxiety every day still, working on it as usual.  Still getting the ecopics too and fast heart rate at times.
We are all here for you, we understand what it is like and we offer you support.
I don't know about you but i am dreading christmas this year, but will be glad to see the back of 2007!!x Sad

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
saab

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2007, 12:15pm

So sorry to hear your sad news. Our thoughts are with you. It takes a long time to come to terms with the loss of a parent. It is not surprising that the palpitations are worse at the moment, but assuming that you have had all the tests previously and been told they are benign, they will probably pass. Likewise the panic attacks. I have been in the same position, and eventually they do become less frequent. Best wishes.

IP Logged
suzie
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2007, 1:39am

Hi Barb
Just wanted to say so sorry about your Dad and because we are the way we are something like this will trigger our problems. My mum had heart problems and  I always believe I associated my palpitations with her illness and when she died they were heightened - but it will settle down and as you say coming onto this site will help you as it has always helped me in the past.  So you take we are all thinking of you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print