Send Topic Print
Lots of missed beats (Read 5849 times)
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Lots of missed beats
Jan 10th, 2008, 1:40am

Past couple of days I've been getting lots of missed beats, mainly when I breathe in or stand from sitting or bending and vice versa, I am quite stressed lately and it is around ovulation time.

Trying to keep on top of it but anxiety is starting to kick in!

Hope you are all ok

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re: Lots of missed beats
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2008, 2:14am

hello Kathryn
You must have been doing really well recently as you haven't been on here much.
Lots of missed beats - tell me about it!  Wink Wink Wink Mine seem to be permanent at the moment - well every minute at least. that's how mine are triggered by the way - sitting from standing or vice versa, bending over, stopping after being on the go, getting on the go after resting. basically any kind of movement or change. It's really irritating - and sometimes if I am just sitting doing nothing at all it can hit - or sleeping. They don't always stop when exercising but sometimes they do, and they can happen even when I lie down from sitting up in bed.

bead x

IP Logged
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2008, 10:59am

I know what you mean too.  They really get to you don't they, especially when you are not expecting it.  I can certainly sympathise with the movement thing, me too, any sort of movement and wham, another one!  The one's i have been getting just lately are real bashers too, the one's that whack you in the back and up the throat and take your breathe away, i know benign ectopics are not supposed to be painful as such and i don't know if i am alone in this, but these one's are sort of painful to me as they are so very strong.  The one's that i get when i take a deep breathe when i am standing up are the worst one's for being 'sort of' painful as they are so 'deep'.
I find it impossible to ignore them and they always 'bother me', worse luck.
I hope you are feeling better soon.x

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2008, 11:33am

Thanks

Been really busy, sorry I haven't been on much, I do check in, I have been trying to do more walking aswell, (get my 1/2 hour exercise a day) and it's been really windy, I'm stressed and ate baked beans and a bar of galaxy chocolate the other day, (not together) Smiley so I'm not sure if it's one or all of these things!

Mine are quite big ones and my chest feels airey too, I have been burping alot.  

I just feel completely fed up, I can't seem to know what I want, I'm happy with my life apart from usual stuff, but I just don't seem to be clear on what I want.  Maybe everyone is like that, just they seem so together and organised  Smiley.

Thanks again for replying, sorry to hear you both still get them bad, I did sometimes and occasionally get painful ones, well a weird hurt really, I have posted before on those and RLR helped me out with explaining them, if I remember right.

Hi RLR by the way, hope you are well.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2008, 8:10am

Hi Kathryn and great to see you here. I've wondered how things have been going for you. Sounds like you're busy. Listen, the GI problems are the source of your increase in palpitation symptoms so dont let it get you thinking about your heart. You're just fine in that regard.

Many times people feel unclear about what they want in life, partially because their life's ambitions can be interrupted by daily responsibilities that sometimes make it seem as though we're all just slave to our work. It sometimes helps to spend some time writing out what your ultimate aspirations are and trying to visualize on paper the logisitics associated with achieving your goals. That's the second reason that indecision comes about is because of the timeframe often associated with achieving long-range goals. We can lose sight of the short-term steps necessary to make it all happen.

I'm so glad that you've continued to make improvements and I've even had occasion to mention your progress to some of my patients.

Keep pushing ahead. You'll be surprised at just how far you can proceed. I'm one of your biggest fans.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2008, 2:18pm

Thank you, once again you give me great advice.

The missed beats are being very challenging, I don't remember having them this bad, but my husband said I have.  I nearly didn't go to work today but went.

Your advice is very reassuring, when I tell my Husband what you have wrote he'll say see I told you it's just wind!

Please do not forget I wouldn't be where I am now without your support and guidence for that I will be forever greatful.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
seffie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2008, 6:05am

Hi Kathryn,
sorry you're getting missed beats again. I have just been through quite a long spell of hardly having any palps & it makes such a big difference to my levels of anxiety.
However, just lately I've been getting some missed beats & flutters & although not as frequent or severe as I've had them in the past, they have knocked my confidence abit & raised my anxiety.
I think when things have been calmer for a while it's normal to feel the old anxiety when things start up again. When you're getting them all the time it's like eventually you start to accept them a little but when they disappear & then come back I find them much harder to deal with even though they're not as bad as before!
Hope these soon settle down again for you!
love Seffie xx

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print