Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just some reassurance please. (Read 3845 times)
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Just some reassurance please.
Jan 14th, 2008, 1:57pm

Hi guys.  I know i shouldn't ask for reassurance, feeding the anxiety and all that, but just wondered...
I know i have mentioned this before and so have others on this site, but yesterday evening i noticed that 'every time i moved, even a little, my heart rate shot up to 130's'.  This feels like a heavy beating feeling in the top of my stomach, not my chest.  I know it has been mentioned before and i have had this before and it seemed to settle somewhat, and i am sure it was mentioned as being normal, but we feel it more as we are over sensitive!  It is an uncomfortable feeling and you can really feel your heart pounding hard in your stomach, it can get quite scary and i did my best not to be scared, very hard!!
Yesterday i had toothache, can't take tablets, so just sat quiet and put up with it as you do.  So my body could have been anxious about this, also the fact that i have been back to work today, to try again.  
This 'funny' feeling started just before going bed and continued all through the night, i know this as i couldn't sleep because of the pain and the 'funny' feeling everytime i moved.  I think i nodded off about 5am, not good.
Then of course because of this we overslept and got up in a state.  I didn't think i could cope with this as i needed to rush around and i could feel my heart going crazy, no ectopics though, ha.
But i did it, i dropped the kids off then i went to my first day back at work.  It has been better today, although not normal for me, my bp has been high!!  Scared again!!
Sorry to rant, just needed a bit of something to keep me 'sort of' sane.  I know that my heart is fine, believe it or not, but i really don't like this horrible feeling.x Sad

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re: Just some reassurance please.
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2008, 1:44am

Hello
I am sure it is okay - sometimes I am aware of my pulse in  my tummy. Of course there are some major blood vessels passing through there so it may just be the way your tummy and everything is sitting inside you on a particular day depending on how much you have eaten / drunk. That's what i try to tell myself (maybe not true, I don't know???) but why would you feel it one day there and not on another!

Don't put up with toothache - go to the dentist. Can you not take paracetemol or nurofen for the toothache. there's no need to put up with it.

I know what you mean about the fast heart rate too - it's lucky you are not having ectopics with it - that is what happens to me! I think you just have to make a conscious effort to slow down and not be stressed (ha ha the magic key). I find this a problem in the mornings when you are rushing around with kids and getting out the house. I can feel my heart speeding along unnecessarily so I try to go SLOW!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today - good luck with work! Good on you!

bead x

IP Logged
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2008, 1:03pm

Thanks Bead.
I went back to work Tuesday and i had an alright morning until 11.30 then the dizziness started BIG time!  Everytime i moved, i spun, it was so scary, just like before.  I tried my best to carry on and then while i was with a client, my left ear shut off completely.  I had that 'funny' feeling as if i was going to pass out and everything went odd and strange, me being scared probably.  But i carried on!  I finished my shift.
Sorry can't go to the dentists as i have a major phobia of them, major phobia.
The pain has gone off, just swelling now and sore and achy, it does go eventually, have had it before.
Had a better sleep since though, thank goodness.
Not a bad day today, some dizziness, but managable.  Even went shopping with hubby and mum, lol.
Stomach 'funny' beats started again this afternoon though.  Have done really well trying to ignore my fast heart rate today, bp still running high and scaring me some though.  Do you think that it could be my body's way of fighting the infection at the moment, fast heart rate and high bp??  Just a thought as this happens if it is fighting a cold or a virus doesn't it?
Anyway, ears have started again this evening, everything sounding funny and echo ing, hate this as it gets me frightened again.  Perhaps they are just so over sensitive, i don't know but it drives me bonkers! Shocked
Thanks for letting me ramble on anyway.
Hope you are ok and everything is going fine at your end.x

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2008, 3:22pm

okay, I may have my members mixed up a bit and at my age, that's a very likely possibility, but didn't you mention that you were to undergo testing for benign paroxysmal vertigo and if so, have you undergone testing and what were the results?

A change in heart rate such as you desctibe is all too common for folks that are experiencing abnormal fluctuations in the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. We've already spoken about the Vagus nerve and its role as part of the nervous system, so I won't repeat it here. Changes in body position can indeed invoke changes in heart rate, which are entirely normal. The fact that you notice these changes do not make them pathological in nature.  

I do note that you said your problems had diminished somewhat until later in the morning before you noticed the dizziness and other symptoms. You have to realize that your anxiety and/or panic disorder can exacerbate your symptoms greatly but I also have to tell you that if this were anything serious, which Im certain you are erroneously conviced it is, then you wouldn't see periods of remission with something like this, it would just continue to get increasingly worse.

My suggestion here is that you begin to examine the role of anxiety disorder where your symptoms are concerned and consider being less dogmatic about working to find a cause for your symptoms that is related to a physical disease. You can continue to search, and many of my patients have done so, but at some point you're going to have to accept the medical fact that physical symptoms are not a direct correlation with physical disease. You are not in any type of danger and you must begin to consider other alternatives to physical disease as an underlying cause. That's certainly not a requisite, but merely my suggestion to you as a neurologist.  

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print