Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Worried about heart again (Read 14997 times)
Beanie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ohio
Re: Worried about heart again
Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2008, 4:45am

Thanks saab and beadbabe.  I guess we all look for a easy one remedy answer, but I agree that it is a combination of things.  For me I think just keeping busy and my thoughts on regular day to day activities is the most helpful. I also had a very difficult, stubborn daughter, who is now 20 and 600 miles away in college.  She also added a great deal of unneccessary tension to our family but we got through it and she is doing well, and things are much more peaceful at home!! Of course I worry that she is safe at school being in a  city and travelling to New York  City every weekend to see her boyfriend!  But I guess that stuff will never end!. Have a good day.

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #16 - May 8th, 2008, 1:37pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to quickly add to the pill subject, each to their own and if you have to take medication i.e it's compulsary then fine, but in the case of anxiety a pill will only temporarily make you feel better, as soon as you come off it the problems that make you panic and be anxious will still be there, all you do by taking pills for anxiety is avoiding the problem.  You have to do alot of soul searching, analyse how you feel about a situation and if you realise that situation made you anxious then why has it made you anxious, recognising the negative thoughts, you do not realise you are thinking that way, you have to concentrate on your thoughts.  This is my personal opinion, No pill can tell you why you are anxious, what causes it for you and what deep routed past incidences have effected your thought process and your bodys reactions to certain situations.

Hope you are all ok

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #17 - May 9th, 2008, 12:06am

Hi all
Just want to add to that. I don't agree with kathryn re the pills for anxiety. I do take some but don't agree that they make you 'better 'and make you ignore the problem. They don't make you better at all - they only slightly improve the problem so that you ARE able to deal with it. They are definitely not a cure-all and probably best reserved for people who are unable to function at all with their anxiety.

They are definitely necessary for some people - if you only have anxiety at a mild level and are able to think straight enough to deal with your problems then avoid them if you can. But the advice that they take away your problems and make you ignore the problem is definitely not true. I have been on medication for over a year now and I still have panic attacks and still have to deal with anxiety every day by working through it, but the tablets have cut my panic attacks down from three a day to perhaps one biggie every month.

Each to their own! Each person needs to work out what is best for their level of anxiety and what and how they cope with their life.

bead x

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #18 - May 9th, 2008, 12:35am

Hi

Obviously if you have severe depression then fine, I have had anxiety disorder and if you'd have been on the old forum long enough you would have known how bad I was, they tried me with tablets but they made it worse and I didn't really want to take them anyway just everytime I went to the doctors they were trying to shove them at me, at one point in my anxiety I did the bare minimum and just spent the rest of the time in the armchair as I was scared to move, so it wasn't mild anxiety at all.

I didn't mean as if you are ignoring it you are just prolonging it.  I personnally didn't fancy pumping my body full of chemicals when I have managed to do what I have posted.  Like you said each to there own, but I chose not to live my life that way and to do something about it, soul searching, thinking more positively, I would never be working, Being Chair of a finance commitee on the governing board and secretary to the PTA at my childrens school, if I hadn't taken the bull by the horns and got on with it.

Don't get me wrong I still get anxious and I still get missed beats, fuzzy beats, all sorts but I get on with it now and don't sit there worrying about each and everyone of them, I would be a lier if I said sometimes they didn't bother me, but I've had to accept this is how my body is and thats that, instead of thinking I just want to be normal again why do I get these all the time, maybe this is normal and why waste my life worrying about it all the time.

Please don't think I getting at those of you who do take anti-depressants as about 6 years ago I was put on seroxat, and I felt ok for a while, but even though my doctor said they were not addictive it took me months to get off them, then my heart started missing beats more and the anxiety was still there so I just prolonged the anxiety, yes I felt ok for about 6 months, but it didn't help in the long run.

Take Care

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print