Send Topic Print
Emotional upsets (Read 2906 times)
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Emotional upsets
May 02nd, 2008, 4:33am

Hi there
Just had a horrible day yesterday. I had to go to my husband's nana's funeral (99 years old - so really not all that bad!).
The problem was me - I was really upset all day, very tearful etc. But the palpitations I hardly had a normal rythm all day. When I escaped at one point to monitor what was going on - after a morning of trying to ignore it - my heart was doing normal beat, ectopic, normal beat ectopic, basically constantly, I had suspected it while I was standing around chatting, trying to ignore it. My heart had completely gone weird with no let-up. Happily it is not like that now. I didn't really feel that scared about it as I thought well there are lots of people round me if I do keel over. so do you think emotional upsets can do this to your heart?
This was the worst I have been since it started two years ago.
bead

IP Logged
saab

Re: Emotional upsets
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2008, 7:12am

Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. It was my husband's gran's funeral on Monday this week, again she was 94 and had a great life, but it was very upsetting. He also lost his uncle on Sunday so a very difficult time at the moment.

I do often find that stress or emotional upheaval affects my ectopics - I had a few on Monday, but I also seem to get them when it's very cold outside too. I don't think the number is significant unless it is like that constantly. I certainly had hundreds everyday at first and the doctors didn't seem bothered. I hope things get better soon - this is just a setback.

IP Logged
seffie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Emotional upsets
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2008, 12:25pm

Hi Bead,
sorry you had a rough day. Yes, whenever I have any kind of emotional upset or if I have to have a difficult conversation or be assertive at all then my heart goes all weird, often ectopics but sometimes just all irregular & fluttery, scares the **** out of me!!!!
Consequently I try to avoid arguments or anything like that as it just scares me when my heart flutters like that.
I guess it's adrenaline irritating the vagus nerve but not sure.
Well done for staying & chatting while it was going on though!!!!
I drove to work today & I was a lot more nervous than I thought I was going to be, everytime I saw a car braking behind me I kept getting little adrenaline rushes so by the time I got home I felt quite shaky, consequently I had some bad ectopics & pounding, don't know why I got them when the anxiety had passed though, why not whilwe I was driving?
Anyway, sorry talking about me again!!
The answer is yes, definitely!!
Hope you feel better now, try not to worry. It may also have been the situation, I sometimes get them in social situations as if they come on I can't easily escape.
take care
Seffie xx

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print