Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey  I am doing very well (Read 2638 times)
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
Hey  I am doing very well
May 23rd, 2008, 1:16pm

Hi all Just popped in to say things are going well...  I had my annual physical and had an echo,  stress test, 24 holter   and all was well.  I then knowing I was healthy  lost weight  from 194 #  down to #176,  I have been walking and light jogging,, now have worked my way up to 5 miles.....   Now the only thing I get weird is right below my left shoulder blade  I get this numbness from time to time.. I have had a complete cardiac work up so I know it isn't that, and it is intermittened in frequency.    Could I have pinched a nerve somehow with all my new activity?    Oh well  Just wanted to say  I feel better, sleep better and eat better,  Since I lost the weight .

Take Care

KC

If livin' don't come easy , don't stop your own voice, cause the worst part of living is having no choice. (America)
WWW   IP Logged
Hexia
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Hey  I am doing very well
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2008, 3:01am

How lovely with a post that positive. Good for you and congratulations.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: Hey  I am doing very well
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2008, 11:06am

Hello,

Glad to hear that you're doing so well.

Scapular abnormalities in the way of pain or other discomfort is one of the most common complaints mentioned by patients who see an orthopedist or their primary care physician.

It's also important to determine whether it's actually numbness or other sensation being mistaken for numbness. Understand? Typically, patients are unable to reach the scapulae sufficiently to the extent that they can discriminate such a quality by touch, etc.

The most common underlying cause is due to something known as Rhomboid spasm and accounts for the majority of complaints regarding discomfort at the scapulae.

If the pain is occuring between the shoulder blades, then it can sometimes be a sign associated with diabetese mellitus II, but there are most often other signs which accompany such diseases, so I doubt it's the case here. If symptoms persist more than 4 weeks, it's always a good idea to mention it to your primary care physician.

Again, glad to hear that you're doing so well and I'm certain that it represents an inspiration to others visiting the forum.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print