Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This years smartest person in the world goes to: (Read 5409 times)
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
This years smartest person in the world goes to:
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:04am

RLR

As predicted ...  My  tests were all negative   Smiley

In Fact He said my heart was rock solid,, not a trace of anything wrong...... not one thing...

Smiley

If livin' don't come easy , don't stop your own voice, cause the worst part of living is having no choice. (America)
WWW   IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Re: This years smartest person in the world goes to:
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2008, 11:08am

Great news!!!

Now I bet you can relax some.  Waiting for tests to come back is the hardest.  I am going through that now with some blood work.

Keep up with the counseling though and remember, steer that boat yourself!    Wink

Great news!

Steff

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2008, 4:27pm

Well although it comes as absolutely no surprise, I'm glad for you nevertheless.  Wink

This represents the perfect juncture for you to realize that there is truly nothing wrong with your heart.

Do you best to be as open as possible with your therapist to gain a better understanding of the kind of thinking patterns that led you down such a difficult path so recently. Therein lies the actual difficulty and the answers you really need to reduce your anxiety and worry.

Finally, I'll tell you that a thallium diagnostic test can pick up even the slightest trace of a problem, so the fact that you received such a glowing report means your heart and cardiovascular system are in absolute perfect health with no chance whatsoever for any symptoms you may be experiencing to represent anything bad at all.

Again, I hope this marks a turning point for you. You'll be just fine, Kevin.  

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2008, 6:40pm

Thanks again... and yes now I can concentrate on the Mental Health with a Thankful Heart  no PUN intended..  

As a matter of fact... I am fighting the fear by driving to Pittsburgh with my son tomorrow and staying over night...

Whatever the cause of this anxiety stuff.. well I am going to have find what the real issue is  ..

Smiley

If livin' don't come easy , don't stop your own voice, cause the worst part of living is having no choice. (America)
WWW   IP Logged
saab

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2008, 4:30am

Happy to hear about your results. I have posted these before, but it was a while ago. These are cognitive therapy books which I have found useful in working on my anxiety:

Stop Worrying, Start Living by Dr Richard Leahy
Feeling Good, the New Mood Therapy by Dr David Burns
Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Bourne
Self-Help for Your Nerves by Dr Claire Weekes.

IP Logged
seffie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2008, 10:38am

Hi, just wanted to say how pleased I am for you that your results are so good!!
I can also recommend the Claire Weekes books. Don't be put off by the way she writes, it's a little dated but her advice is brilliant!
Good luck with the therapy & remember they are only there to guide you, you have to do the hard work yourself!
Have a good trip & let us know how you get on!
Seffie x

IP Logged
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2008, 4:27pm

THanks...  I am so greatful there was nothing wrong with my heart... now it is working on what got me here....  Hopefully by accepting these are anxiety symptoms I can move forward, and soon feel the anxiety start to subside.    

Thanks for your support
Kevin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print