Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I am not going on a tangent now but curious (Read 2786 times)
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
I am not going on a tangent now but curious
Aug 02nd, 2008, 10:52am

After accepting beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have nothing wrong with my heart,  my bad thinking habbits had me searching for something else to worry about.   I think I had been totally wound up tight with anxiety and thinking thinking thinking, and not sleeping well for almost that whole month.

One thing I am going through right now sounds kind of strange, but somehow things appear almost in a dream like state to me,, somtimes I find myself staring out into space alot lately.   The way things look aren't as vibrant and Even though I am here present with people , I haven't been following conversations as well,  like I am here but not here.  

I have been told that this could be from my mind being tired, from being driven into so much worry the past month that these visual changes are possible and will pass with time.   I am not going to go on another wild goose chase by going to the doctors etc...  I am trying to change my behaviour, but I was wondering if this , strangeness I feel could be caused as was suggested by having a tired mind?  If that makes sense, has anyone here with anxiety experienced this for awhile?  

Thanks for your help...   Hey The heart palps aren't bothering me anymore anyway.

Thanks
Kevin

If livin' don't come easy , don't stop your own voice, cause the worst part of living is having no choice. (America)
WWW   IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: I am not going on a tangent now but curious
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2008, 3:14pm

These symptoms are merely associated with lack of quality sleep and perhaps some mild clinical depression. Many patients describe the sensation that they feel encapsulated and their sense of hearing is diminished, they can't see colors as well or as sharply and the feeling that there is some sort of barrier between them and the outside world.

The changes in vision can often be limited to one eye and standing before a white wall and covering one eye and then the other can often reveal slight changes. Patients also state they feel mentally slow and often realize they have experienced a locked gaze without much recollection of their thoughts. Some claim memory problems and note that after reading passages or listening to someone speak, they are unable to recall much if anything of the content.

You'll be fine. These symptoms are nothing to worry about. If you experience terminal insomina (early awakening) then don't try and fight it. Get up and go read or watch TV and when drowzy again, return to bed. Do not read or watch TV in bed and reduce lighting in the room to the absolute bare minimum possible, even if you have to place a dark blanket over the windows. Circadian rhythms can become disturbed and the presence of light causes a sort of twilight sleep to waking state to continue. Do not eat just before bed as well, because digestion can interrupt sleep. Establish a schedule and stick to it. The body will soon begin to fatigue at anticipatory time schedules and you can resume normal sleep patterns.

You'll be fine. Again, just take it step by step and your sleep patterns will soon be restored. The odd sensorium will pass as well. Nothing to worry about.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
Re: I am not going on a tangent now but curious
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 6:41pm

Thank you for your response..   I was beginning to worry that I soon would be on the way to visit a neruologist for this weird sensation.    I have been sleeping better but because I have been so self vigilent I am sure my worrying hasn't helped the strangeness.     Hopefully is passes soon,, It's a pretty creepy experience.

Thanks so much

Kevin

If livin' don't come easy , don't stop your own voice, cause the worst part of living is having no choice. (America)
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print