Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
it's been awhile since I have been here..and... (Read 4800 times)
Barb
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

USA
it's been awhile since I have been here..and...
Oct 21st, 2008, 11:00am

Well the last year has been horrible for me. Last Dec. My father died. We were very close. Now, my aging mother is having health issues. Plus, I now am facing surgery too in the next few months, plus my own health, I have a chronic UTI I can't seem to get rid of, even after 4 bouts of antibiotics, ugh.  My family is having difficulty with family matters, seems like everything is falling apart. My dog is dealing with cancer, My husband work is very slow. Everyday I am having anxiety issues. Seems like there is no way to truly relax.  

I have been having the palps steady, some days very bad, some days not so bad. Now with surgery looming, I wonder if having palps like this will be bad? Will my heart do this goofy skipping thing during surgery?? The more I think about it the more anxoius I get. It's  bad enough to have such a fear of surgery, now all the added problems.

As I write this my palps are felt, not real strong, but there, you would think Iwould get used to them. I learned so much here. I have had them steady, off and on,  now for about 3 years.

I thought I would connect with you all again, because I have not been here in a long while. Seems life is getting pretty tough these days.

I need to get into the anxiety area and read how to cope with fear and anxiety.

Hope all are well and palp and anxiety free!

Barb

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: it's been awhile since I have been here..and...
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2008, 6:06pm

It's good to hear from you and we're certainly sorry that your life is filled with such difficulty at the present time. I'll share a statment made by one of my oldest and dear patients. When asked by the nurses how she managed to maintain such a bright outlook in the face of adversity, she smiled and very confidently stated that doors never get closed without others being opened.

The forum and folks here are at your disposal. Please feel free to call upon us day or night. With every passing year, I get a bit slower with age but I'll get back to you as soon as time permits.

Chin up

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Barb
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

USA
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2008, 5:23am

Thanks RLR!

But can you tell me, if during surgery, do heart palps act up too?  I will tell the Dr. about the palps, but wonder if they will order a ton of tests now on the heart too. Seems like one thing leads to another.

Barb

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2008, 7:18pm

I'm sorry. I overlooked your question originally.

Listen, the fact that you are experiencing palpitations of this kind does absolutely nothing to place you in any kind of jeopardy whatsoever and there is no predisposition to any type of event during surgery as a result of palpitations, which frankly seldom occur under such conditions because the anesthesia tends to override the effects of parasympathetic stimulation that induces the palpitations.

You'll be just fine and don't give thought to some type of complication such as what you've mentioned. It's not a factor at all.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print