Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
y thatQuestion for RLR (Read 3489 times)
dbranden

I Love YaBB 2!

y thatQuestion for RLR
Dec 07th, 2008, 10:16am

RLR,
Sorry that this is completely off topic, but I think it is something you can help me with. I recently had a bout of the flu, or at least I think it was the flu. I had body aches, headaches,a runny nose,  a low fever, the glands in my neck were swollen and I felt pretty awful. This all happened about 2 weeks ago, and I finally started to feel better about a week ago. Then this past Wednesday out of nowhere I started feeling dizzy. Not like I was going to faint, but rather like the ground was moving beneath me. I have felt this way for about 5 days now. Is this common after the flu? I have tried taking Dramamine the past 2 days but I haven't seen much improvement. I am generally ok while sitting,but I don't feel that steady while walking, and it is really bad when I bend forward. Any ideas of what this could be and how long it might last? Or what I can do to stop it?

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: y thatQuestion for RLR
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2008, 3:05pm

It sounds as though you've developed either some fluid in the inner ear or sinusitis. Vertigo is a common disorder that can sometimes arise following an upper respiratory viral or bacterial infection.

Unless you're feeling nauseated by the dizziness, Dramamine will not diminish the vertigo. You likely need a decongestant and possibly a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Augmentin 500 b.i.d. is typically a good choice but you should consult your primary care doctor.

If your symptoms persist another 24 hours, then I'd suggest you contact your doctor for evaluation and treatment. While some cases of vertigo associated with viral infection will typically self-resolve, it must first be determined that you don't have Otitis Media or Sinusitis.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
dbranden

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: y thatQuestion for RLR
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2008, 7:26am

Thank you, RLR, I will do that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print