Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What other test can I take? (Read 2766 times)
vallie
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

What other test can I take?
Dec 29th, 2009, 12:39pm

Hi!

After searching the internet for answers and finding nothing, I am glad to have found a place to talk about this with others!

I am 44 years old, in almost perfect health - my doctor draws happy faces on my blood results.  I have low bad cholesterol and high good cholesterol and I have low blood pressure.  One day in September 2008 my heart suddenly started palpitations - continuously non stop.  I had never felt this sensation before.  I thought this is it - this is the end.  

Like most of you, I have taken every "regular" test, EKG, ultrasound, stress test, hoister monitor by three different cardiologists.  They all said the same thing - that I either fall in one of the two categories - this symptom happens to people that eventually have a heart attack or nothing ever happens.  His best advice - go on and live my life.  I told him  - that's all you got?  Thats all you have to offer me?

He said I had premature ventricular contractions.  I didn't need to do a test to figure that out. The second cardiologist said that since the tests ruled out structural and circulatory problems that it was electrical, adding that there are no tests or cures for it.  The third (Kaiser) wouldn't give me any advise, simply that they have nothing for me and that there are NO OTHER tests.  This is just too hard to believe.  Are there any other tests?

I went on with my life, with a lot of nights crying in bed, praying to God and living with a feeling of doom.  After some time, the symptoms changed from palpitations to sharp pain near the breast bone where the heart is below the under arm on my left side.

I have noticed some patterns that do help the heart pain go away.  I eliminated caffeine from my life and do an aerobics class three times a week for one hour each.  After the fourth day of following this regime, the pain goes away entirely.  

I have read that cholesterol/heart disease is only to blame for 40% of all fatal heart attacks.  The other 60% the doctors have no clue what so ever.  I find that stat amazing.

I would LOVE to hear if anyone has found any relief and from what for similar problems / symptoms and if any other tests are helpful / medications....

I do now try to live in the moment and savor every moment of life - life has become so precious.  Live life to the fullest!

Take care,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print