HI (Read 6615 times)
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
HI
Mar 04th, 2010, 1:05pm

Hi RLR,

Sorry I haven't been on in such a long while, but I have regulary thought of you.

Hope you are well and I see you are still as kind and helpful as ever.

Alot has happened since I was last on here, I work part time now, I think you already knew that I am a governor at my childrens school and on the PTA committee although I have taken a little step back, as I have so much on.  

My son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes February last year so have had to adjust and learn lots of new things.

As for my palpitations, I still get them, at the moment they seem more than normal, I didn't bother going to the doctors or anything about it for a long while but at the end of last year they seemed to be there alot so went back to the doctors, she did a ECG and had a normal result, and offered to send me to a cardiologist for reassurance, I origninally said no, but I went back and decided to go and I did, ECG ok and I suppose I was hoping that he would refer me if necessary to a different department.  I have a intolerance test this month, as I still get alot of wind and my stomach seems irritated.  

I wish I could keep up the positive thinking, I'd done so well and had a spell of not getting many at all, now I'm struggling, my OCD is just awful, I cannot get on top of it, I feel like I'm going crazy.  This morning for example, get up my daughter was on the loo, so I stood on the landing waiting for her to come out and I had that familiar feeling in my chest, my heart was beating fast, then missed a beat then another, then another and I had to go and sit down, I suppose I'm just fed up with it 8 years now and it's things like leaning on my left hand side and then it happens.

I'm also aware that I had alot of Major incidents last year, My son diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, my husbands nan passed away, I was 30!, my sister married,my grandad had to have a triple heart bypass, my husbands work was all over the place, My daughter still has to have reqular trips to the hospital for her eyes and we are going to be selling our house, and going to rented which is right out of my safety zone.  

I need to get focused, but I suppose the doctors etc.. have been for someone just to talk to me about it, but I just get a look as though to say don't waste my time.

Anyway, How are you?

Kath x x x  Smiley

Kath x
  IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Re: HI
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2010, 10:02am

Hi Kathryn,

8 years....I am done for after 9 months. Totally depressed ect.

Does seem like yours are stressed related. In a way though that's depressing as life always as some stress. You did have rather a lot though last year. How horrid that you get them under control and then bam! back they come. Just remember you did get them under control before and will again. I am struggling to find a way to do that.

when you said a Quote:
nd it's things like leaning on my left hand side and then it happens.
- well I get them leaning forward etc, but my left side seems to be a big trigger. leaning on left side, or for example last night steering a shopping trolly to the left made it happen bad. At least I feel comforted because I think this must mean it is due to vagal tone and stomach rather than heart.

Mostly we are posting up in the symptoms section.

Also, if you are on Face Book, I have started a group to join. I hope it will eventually be big enough to get some help for all of us.

Face book Palps Group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=343485201086&v=info&edit_info=all#!/group.php?gid=343485201086

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2010, 10:19am

Hiya x

Thanks for the reply x

I'll take a look at the facebook link, but what I will say is that be careful about who you
listen to for advice, you could end up getting wrong advice from people who really
don't have a clue, the wrong advice can had a adverse reaction and have you searching
for more and more answers.

I'll post in the other bit in future, I was just wating to say Hi to RLR and ended up
blabbering on LOL x

If this post comes out hickeldy pickledy it's because I'm replying from my phone x

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2010, 5:03am

Well hi Kathryn. It's so good to hear from you. I think of you from time to time and wondered how you were getting along.

As far as your heart is concerned, the tests will invariably turn out negative. These paplitations have nothing to do with heart disease and they are incapable of causing your heart to stop or otherwise place you at any risk at all. I understand how frightening they can be, but they are nevertheless entirely harmless.

It sounds like this past year has presented you with some fairly significant issues and anyone would respond with increased stress.

When you say OCD, specifically what are you referring to?

As for me, I'm doing quite well and remain very active. Thank you for asking.

Hang in there.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2010, 5:21am

Hi  Smiley

Glad you are well.

I know you are right and anytime I may go to the doctors about it I think, RLR would tell you to stop being so silly LOL.

However I do need to see about the food, as I really cannot eat certain foods any longer, without it making me bloated or giving me palpitations.

OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, no one has actually diagnosed that as such, but it's pretty much what it is.  I have to do a routine everynight before I go to bed, and now it's leaked into the day time, like it I touch one thing I then need to touch 5 other things, I know how silly this sounds, but I really don't seemed to have mastered a technique to rid myself of this!  I recall I had this mildly as a child, but seemed to get worse as I've aged.

I can only look at last year as an experience, in which I can only learn from, some of the events could have been far worse.

I have been doing a spiritual healing course for the past year, and this has helped me alot, learning about that we are all here on a spiritual journey, to learn certain lessons and experience certain things.  It has helped me deal with and understand why Tommy has what he has, and this is all part of my journey.  I know this isn't everybodies cup of tea.

It's good to keep active - but don't over do it!  Wink

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2010, 4:36am

Hi again from me.

I did complete parts 1 and 2 of the spiritual healing course years ago. I am thinking of getting some healing myself.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print