Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RLR or someone help I need help ASAP (Read 7969 times)
jazzmynn

I Love YaBB 2!

RLR or someone help I need help ASAP
May 22nd, 2010, 4:12pm

I am so confused and miserable.
My only daughter who is single, just had a baby on the 5th of May.
I was the only person she had to help her the 9 months and I worried about her a lot.
Anyway, she bought a house while she was pregnant and it was nerve wracking because the closing of the house was down to days before she would have to be out of her apt.  She was crying and upset until it went through and so was I.  She had to get out of her apt because they had it rented out.
Anyway, I packed her whole apt. and when she moved, I unpacked it all put everything away at her new house.
Then, I moved in with her so I could be with her when she went into labor.
She went into labor the next day and we went to the hospital and were sent back home.
Meanwhile, I am sleeping on a futon in her spare room that had a steel bar running through the middle.
A few days later, she went into labor, and I took her to the hospital.
I was her labor coach and she had the baby.
After she went home, I stayed with her again.  I would wake up and help her with the baby in the middle of the night.
I was getting so tired, that after a week I went home.
I didn't have time when I went through that baby ordeal with her to worry about my heart palpitations, but now that I'm home, I really tired and sleepy, have tension in my neck and heart palpitations.
When she calls me or needs help, I get even more anxious.
One day my heart was racing and I had a panic attack.
I would like to know if I feel this way because off what I've been through.
I am really scared.
Please give me your opinion.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Re: RLR or someone help I need help ASAP
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2010, 5:19am

First let me say what a wonderful father you are to your daughter. She is very lucky to have a Dad like you. I guess you love her very much.

I am no doctor or expert, but  do think you have answered your own question. I would take bets that all that stress has to take its toll on the nervous system. Claire Weeks's book helped me understand that my palps have been brought about by long term stress.

The thing that can make them worse for me, and  mean really extreme palps is worry and stress. You had so much over those weeks...the moving, the baby coming etc...boy that was a real lot of stress. You took it on to save your daughter having too much stress.

Try to relax and use maybe nice gentle music and meditation. As yoiu feel calmer, the pals will calm too...take care.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
jazzmynn

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2010, 9:02am

Thanks,
I am her mother!

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2010, 5:09pm

jazzmynn wrote on May 23rd, 2010, 9:02am:
Thanks,
I am her mother!

Silly me Jazzmyn...of course and sorry for my silly mistake. Lips Sealed

Well, what a great Mum you are. I still think they are worse because of the stress. I also find when I am distracted  pay less attention

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2010, 3:58am

Okay, I've read your post but I'm rather uncertain of the specific nature of your question.

I know the historical account, so please just tell me what your question is with regard to the situation.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
jazzmynn

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2010, 9:03am

I guess I just want to know if events from the past like what I mentioned, can trigger anxiety and depression later.
Every morning when I get up I have tension in my neck, my heart sometimes feels like it is racing, and of course the palps happen.

IP Logged
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
Reply #6 - May 24th, 2010, 1:49pm

I can only offer my opinion..  A lot of times we can go through this big ordeals in our family and make it just fine, and it isn't until after everything is over with and all is quiet again that our body react from the previous stressful situation.    So Just keep your wits about you and this will pass, once you are well rested again .  Eat right, drink water, exercise and above all else don't worry about the palps,  you just went through a lot so don't add worry to your list.  Go on and enjoy the new baby... take pictures  get involved and live your life to the fullest.

Best Regards
KC

If livin' don't come easy , don't stop your own voice, cause the worst part of living is having no choice. (America)
WWW   IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2010, 6:21pm

Well, the stress of a newborn can tax anyone and it can certainly produce enough exhaustion that physiological manifestations can result, particularly palpitations.

I am, however, puzzled as to why you would experience a panic attack. Your account of the circumstances doesn't seem to warrant anxiety to such an extent, unless there is something about the situation that you've elected not to share. By all means, it's not necessary to do so but aside from the obvious strain it imposed upon you, why would you be fearful to the extent that it produced a panic threshold?

You'll be fine. I see nothing here to cause such worry.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
jazzmynn

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2010, 10:57pm

I think the fact that I am always worried about making things right for others, especially my daughter, is stressful.  I worried about her and tried to make everything right.  I am in counseling now for those tendencies.

IP Logged
emma09

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - May 26th, 2010, 6:09am

i went back to work in april ! ive been having palps since, ive not beein getting on with the manager, so im putting down to stress, my palps have calmed down some.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print