Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Here's the bottom line (Read 1851 times)
jazzmynn

I Love YaBB 2!

Here's the bottom line
Jun 26th, 2010, 8:49am

Ok, I know this is how I feel, but I wonder if this is how you feel.

I hate palpitations.  It doesn't matter if I know they come from the vagus nerve or they are not harmful.
The bottom line is that when I feel fine and am having fun, then BOOM, I get this uncomfortable disturbing feeling.  Sometimes it will only happen once, sometimes more.

How can you accept something that is gonna come back and wallop you?

It is extremely hard to never forget or trivialize something that can happen anytime and take you out of a relaxing dinner, conversation, etc.

And...there is really nothing you can take to stop them.

I don't think accepting them or knowing their cause is the issue with me.  It's about them making me feel startled or uncomfortable whenever they decide to make their appearance.

It's like someone who has  migraines.  You dread the darn things coming back, you don't accept them.  But at least there is medication to help them go away, not so with palpitations!!

Do you agree?

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Re: Here's the bottom line
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2010, 4:54pm

jazzmynn wrote on Jun 26th, 2010, 8:49am:
Ok, I know this is how I feel, but I wonder if this is how you feel.

I hate palpitations.  It doesn't matter if I know they come from the vagus nerve or they are not harmful.
The bottom line is that when I feel fine and am having fun, then BOOM, I get this uncomfortable disturbing feeling.  Sometimes it will only happen once, sometimes more.

How can you accept something that is gonna come back and wallop you?

It is extremely hard to never forget or trivialize something that can happen anytime and take you out of a relaxing dinner, conversation, etc.

And...there is really nothing you can take to stop them.

I don't think accepting them or knowing their cause is the issue with me.  It's about them making me feel startled or uncomfortable whenever they decide to make their appearance.

It's like someone who has  migraines.  You dread the darn things coming back, you don't accept them.  But at least there is medication to help them go away, not so with palpitations!!

Do you agree?

I could have written that myself. I have had a good week, with a glitch last night after a heavy meal. I have had days of very few palps for the first time in 10, almost 11 months. I had one day this week where I got all stressed and they were back with a vengeance and even though I knew they would not hurt me, I was so disappointed and it wrecked my evening. I mean who wants to feel that awful feeling and dizzy and anxious?

So yes, they affect decisions, break into a relaxing dinner, a nice conversation and just for me, can spoil a day.

I am working on it, and certainly feel I am moving forward but, much of the time I feel just as you describe.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print