Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Argh.. Looking for some answers (Read 3191 times)
Andrea

I Love YaBB 2!

Arizona
Argh.. Looking for some answers
Dec 16th, 2010, 9:19am

Ive been relatively palp free for a few months now, but tonight....

I woke up at about 530 am with a huuuge thump. Then, my stomach starting churning. Spent the night in the bathroom and capped off the night with throwing up for the first time in... 15? years. My heart was racing all night and now Im having crazy palps like I used to. Why does getting sick always give me palps? Last time I had a cold I had a night of palps.

Im feeling a little panicky now, I could use some happy thoughts and good vibes. Anyone?

Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged
Antonia
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Argh.. Looking for some answers
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2010, 9:49am

Hi Andrea, I sure do relate to your fear and frustration. I have had palpitations on and off for 11 years. The last 3 months have been really bad. I have read on this website about how thw Vagus nerve gets stressed when we are ill or anxious or have indigestion. It makes a lot of sense to me that when you are ill you would get more palpitations than normal. The Vagus nerve is inappropriately being stimulated and it's causing ectopics. RLR's response to Lee67 touches on tummy upset and palps. "Without doubt, GI disturbances can indeed produce benign palpitation events. The reason is that the GI tract is innervated by the pneumogastric nerve, which happens to merely be an extension of the vagus nerve at that level. Gas or air trapped within the stomach or lumen of the intestines can sometimes result in stimulation of the pneumogastric nerve. The signal travels upward into the vagus nerve proper until it reaches all of the terminal points, one of which is the heart." I know it's a scary sensation. I hate it eventhough I know it is harmless. I hope you feel better soon. If I had a magic wand I would give one to every ectopic sufferer! Take care, Antonia.

IP Logged
aks85

BaZinga!

Alaska
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010, 10:11am

I know how you feel. I get tummy upset a lot and I always just know what's waiting for me. I vomited for the first time in years. Thanksgiving evening. it terrified me.BC I had a huge palp in the middle of wretching. that was terrifying.

I have noticed since the birth of my son my tummy troubles feel much higher than they used to. my upper stomach right at my diaphragm gets bloated easily too. it never fails That I get something.

I hope your tummy feels better soon so you can get some relief

Sometimes, even my brain has palps
  IP Logged
Andrea

I Love YaBB 2!

Arizona
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2010, 12:02pm

Thank you for the kind words and reassurance. I feel absolutely terrible. I really thought I had this stupid fear and anxiety about my palpitations beat and now I feel like I'm back at square one. Ugh!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print