Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
still experiencing effects from tuesdays surgery (Read 3462 times)
aks85

BaZinga!

Alaska
still experiencing effects from tuesdays surgery
Dec 18th, 2010, 1:12pm

I am not liking this. I feel like I am not recovering. I'm noticing palps too but I'm sure its because of my anxiety over this.

I was put under with general anesthesia for about 45 min. I'm STILL having fatigue and dizziness/ lightheadedness. I can sit down and be fine, but standing and walking around brings it on.

I'm really.scared.of.this. is this normal to recovery or.should I run to the ER?

Sometimes, even my brain has palps
  IP Logged
Stav98

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: still experiencing effects from tuesdays surgery
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2010, 1:25pm

From what I recall from surgery some years ago it can take up to 7 days to recover from surgery.

I'm guessing you're just worrying about stuff.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2010, 6:13pm

You'll be fine. Just relax. The half-life of the anesthesia used in the procedure is quite limited, so its effects would certainly not be of issue whatsoever at this point and time.

You also have to remember that you've underwent surgery to remove wisdom teeth that can produce residual inflammation of tissues which are also proximal to the vestibular network. Sitting still will produce little stimulation, while walking about can produce a disturbance sufficient enough to make you feel a bit unsteady and even queasy in some instances.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
aks85

BaZinga!

Alaska
Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2010, 6:18pm

thank you RLR for your reassurance. my husband says I am quite swollen, my mom laughed at me today LOL.

I will definitely have to keep in mind what you said. I also began rubbing my neck quite a bit today. my dizziness/ lightheadedness isn't as bad, but I'm getting headaches now. so I'm surmising that a combination of the surgery swelling and the way I had been laying since the surgery are only combining to make things worse!

Sometimes, even my brain has palps
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print