Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I believe and stop reacting? Feeling defeat (Read 8011 times)
aks85

BaZinga!

Alaska
How do I believe and stop reacting? Feeling defeat
Jan 26th, 2011, 10:57am

So these throat pains are continuing. The chest pains aren't as often but still there.

Like I had posted Monday, I went to my doc. It was supposed to be for my back pain, but it ended up being about my chest and throat pain.

They scared me when they rushed to get an EKG. So my heart was going at 110. But other than the fast rate, it was a normal reading.

I asked my doc if he thought it was my heart. and he said no, I really don't think its your heart. But he said he wants me to go for a stress echo just to be safe. Then he upped my zoloft and gave me a script for ativan. Then walked out nonchalantly.

So, to me, it's obvious he truly doesn't think its my heart.

I was great coming out of my appointment. I was able to ignore my pain and palps.

But now the pain is back and I can't ignore it. I react like its my heart and I start getting very scared.

I feel so defeated and depressed.  :'( I just can't understand why I couldn't keep with the relief. I'm being so ridiculous.

Sometimes, even my brain has palps
  IP Logged
AbbyH

I Love YaBB 2!

Florida
Re: How do I believe and stop reacting? Feeling defeat
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2011, 1:05pm

Ok, well just to put your mind at ease, an EKG can tell if you have had a heart attack, not just if you having one at the moment. This happened to my boss.

I get chest pain all the time, have learned to just ignore it. It's a huge symptom of anxiety. Believe me, if you ever have a heart attack, you WILL know it. Just speak to some one who has had one and they will tell you this.

Be glad you are going in for a stress echo. You are going to feel completley renewed when in comes back perfect.

You are soo young, try and relax. Smiley

IP Logged
aks85

BaZinga!

Alaska
Re: How do I believe and stop reacting? Feeling defeat
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2011, 7:28pm

Thank you Abby. I'm still working on it, been having a hard time with it the past 2 days though.

I just keep repeating to myself that my EKGs are clear and my doctor flat out told me he doesn't think its my heart. But I keep going in circles for some reason. Angry

Sometimes, even my brain has palps
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print