Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OMG Here i go again Chest Pains Racing Heart (Read 6329 times)
ian414

I Love YaBB 2!

OMG Here i go again Chest Pains Racing Heart
Mar 18th, 2011, 11:54pm

Here i go again but with a reason, had my 24 hour heart monitor on over a week ago, rang the doctors this week and was told Results are back no futher Action required so of course i was over the moon, untill today when i had to see the Doctor over somthing else, well for wind.
I said oh i understand my Results are back and they are good, he siad lets see and he told me no they arent back yet, so i said well i was told when i rang up they were back and they were all good, no he sid thats the ECG you had done before you put the 24 hour tape on, thats what has come back and yes thats good, we are still waiting on the 24 hour tape, so you see im in a bit of a panic.
Well lets start woth the Chest Pains yes i get them all day all night, racing heart all day most of the night, My Main worry is yes the heart, but the pains in the chest are now my main concern, why do i have these all day all night?
whats with the racing heart, why is it always well over the 100s i know my heart will stop if this carrys on, so please anyone out there that can shed some light on this for me and does understnd what im going through, many thanks for reading this Ian :'(

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: OMG Here i go again Chest Pains Racing Heart
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2011, 4:53am

Okay, you're miscontruing the symptoms to be associated with your heart because of your perceptions related to the palpitations.

Incidentally, if the ECG is clear then the holter monitor will produce no variable information. The holter is simply a portable ECG and is not going to suddenly discover something that a standard full-size ECG could not detect.

The "wind" is what is causing your chest pains and is also responsible for the increased heart rate. You'll find that once your doctor successfully treats your GI distress, the palpitations, rapid heart rate and chest pains will all correspondingly improve.

You're going to be fine. There is nothing actually wrong with your heart and you're not going to suddenly suffer some type of cardiac event as a consequence. The heart is not under any strain within the context of what you're presently experiencing and the activity will not wear out the heart muscle. Your fears are also likely helping to produce the mild tachycardia as well. Once you ultimately realize that you're in no actual danger, your symptoms will largely subside.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
ian414

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2011, 5:06pm

Thank you for you reply RLR i do understand your answere but in the long hand i dont, you say my heart rate is due to wind also the chest pain, ok well i will explaine a little to see if you can give me an answere on this,
1) my heart rate has been over 100 since 2009 Aug, its always in the 140s when i first get out of bed and it will stey in the 100s most of the day.
2) Chest pain its always there and also in my back upper, its not a sharp pain its more of an ache like ive bbe punched.
3) Ive had well over 200 ECGs 100 Blood tests and 1 ECHO Scan and also this is my second 24 hour tape, all the other teats have been all clear.
4) this is the bit i dont understand i was driving my car last year and all of a sudden i got this tingling feeling from my lower back and went over my shouldres into my chest, my heart hit 200 beats a min it only lasted 5 mins but that was enough for me to go to A&E to find out i was fine, i had the runs nearl wet myself with this heart rate so high.
Now when i breath it hurts more it when i breath in that my chest will hurt more.
6) Now tis is weird i have a finger pulse oxymeter, now i will lay here with it on my finger now my heart rate will be say 100, it will go up to 110 112 115 120 then down to 110 99 97 93 back up to 110 113 so on now thats just watching it and not moving so whats that a;; about please help me to understand many thanks Ian

IP Logged
Jennifer

I Love YaBB 2!

NC
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2011, 5:41am

IAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm coming over there!!!!!!!

wiskersonkittens2405   IP Logged
ian414

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2011, 9:33am

Jen its not right lol they havent got the resluts back yet when they say i did but it was the ECG before i had the 24 hour tape thats come back ok so now waiting on the tape results so you see why im worried, oh please do come over at least i wont be alone hope your ok hun x x x  Ian

IP Logged
Andrea

I Love YaBB 2!

Arizona
Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2011, 12:42pm

Get rid of the pulse oxymeter. You don't need to know your pulse, and obsessively taking it isn't going to make you feel any better or make your pulse go down. It's like the people who take their blood pressure 1000 times a day and are shocked that it gets higher and higher. Of course it's higher! They see a borderline high blood pressure reading, they panic, and it sends their blood pressure through the roof. There are times when I KNOW my pulse is up there, but I resist the urge to take my pulse, because I know I'll worry about it being so high, and it will shoot up as a result.

You need to try to find some comfort in the fact that you have had SO MANY ECGs and they've found absolutely nothing in any of them. They wouldn't just send you on your way if there was something wrong. You've also had an echo that was fine? That means your heart is structurally good, and that is something you should take a lot of comfort in.

My pulse races from time to time, and every ECG (and the one 24 hour tape I had) attributed it to normal tachycardia. Just a fast pulse and nothing bad. My cardiologist just seems to think I am sensitive to stress and anxiety. Who knows what the truth is, but I can't worry about the fast pulse if I've had a mountain of ECGs that tell me it's nothing to worry about anymore.

Try to think about how you felt when you THOUGHT your 24 hour tape was clear. Did you pulse go down, even a little? How about your anxiety?

Hang in there, Ian. I am sure everything will come back clear. RLR would have told you if he thought any of your symptoms were worth a second look by a doctor.

IP Logged
Jennifer

I Love YaBB 2!

NC
Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2011, 1:35pm

Andrea brings up some excellent points here.  If there was anything abnormal on your EKG, you wouldn't have been sent home.  Your echo came out fine, and I would be interested in the answer to her question of did your anxiety go down when you thought you had your monitor results back?  You were happy, you seemed free.  Just in your reaction, it was evident to me your issue is strictly anxiety.  I think i'm brining Andrea with me!!  Smiley  You are fine -- I still believe that and stand by it.  RLR has told you several times you are fine. If there was anything wrong with your heart, they would have found it by now, but ... they haven't.  That's the good news.  

Soon, once you get your readings back, you will see, and this nightmare for you will be over.   Take that opportunity, my friend, to live again.  Hopefully before long, I'll be able to join you in that.  

Hugs, Jen ~

wiskersonkittens2405   IP Logged
ian414

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2011, 5:58pm

Awwww thank you both of you that was nice, i do worry and i hate the worry and yes i hope i do get over this if i do you will all soon know about it lol, well im going to try and stop worrying but i always say that untill the next time, once again thanks x x x Ian xx

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print