Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
helicobacter pylori rlr please (Read 11324 times)
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

helicobacter pylori rlr please
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:03am

Hi there im sorry to go off the subject of palpataions today but i really have worked myself in a state.I went to the doctors because over the last few weeks i had trapped wind in top of my stomach and acid .He did a blood test for helicobacter pylori and it came back positive .He said that 3 out of 4 people have it and dont know .He gave me a weeks course of antibiotics that i cannot take as i keep vomiting them up .The doc said just stop them as he thinks it my anxiety causing the stomach issues anyway.So why do the test in the first place and all it has done is make me a nervous wreck cos i looked it up and it says it can cos stomach cancer ,so im totally distraughtt at the thought of this bug inside me.I still have horrible indegestion and i keep thinking its the bug but i dont know what to do.Is it okay not to treat it and just leave it .As seemingly so many of us have it and never get tested ,i wish i never had .I am really in a terrible state over it.please can you give me some advice as i know this forum is not for this but i dont know who else to ask kind regards molly

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: helicobacter pylori rlr please
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2011, 6:59pm

Okay, you need to take a breath and relax. You are over-reacting to the circumstances. Heliobactor Pylori is indeed present in many persons but the association to gastric cancer is theorized, not stated fact. You're not going to get cancer because of the presence of the bacteria, so relax. Thinking about "a bug" inside you is entirely pointless. Your intestinal tract is full of bacteria used to aid in digestion. Everyone has it and it's entirely normal.

There are several substitutions for the antibiotic co-therapy used to treat heliobactor pylori infection, so you can speak with your doctor if any particular one causes nausea and/or vomiting.  

You're letting irrational fear run away with you and you need to calm down. You're going to be fine.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2011, 12:50am

Thank you so much rlr for answering my question.i am so gratefull .Do you feel it should be treated ,so many people say yes and many say no so i dont know what to do.kind regards molly

IP Logged
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2011, 11:33am

Rlr the symptoms im having are like trapped wind in my daiphram at top of stomach and chest its a awful uncofortable feeling not pain .Its like i need to burp but cant ,its ten times worse when ive eaten i really find it hard to cope with.Do you think this sounds serious,ive had it for a month now ,every time i eat its a nitmare after it.I saw the doc again today and he examined me and i talked abouth the helicobacter and he says the blood test cant tell if the bug live or not so it prob not that causing these probs .He said he thinks it anxiety and stress and to much air going in my stomach causing all this .I do get heartburn sometimes too and a empty feeling.But the trapped wind feeling in my diaphram and chest is awfull.I have totally managed to convince myself it cancer and im scared to eat as the feeling is so bad.What do you think it is ,it makes my palps worse as well .i am so frightened.kind regads molly

IP Logged
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:30am

bump

IP Logged
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2011, 1:22am

Also rlr does it mean most people would test psitive for this.Ive not slept all night ,i cant eat i feel like i have a ball of air trapped in bottom of my throat and empty feeling in my stomach, every time i eat the feeling is wosre.My doc says he thinks im breathing in too much air all the time.But why is it worse after eating ,its like horrific trapped wind.I just dont know what to do about the helicobacter.I have been crying all night .kind regards molly

IP Logged
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2011, 4:12am

Anothe symptom is a feeling of emptyness at top of stomach like a big ball of air is trapped .my doc thinks it me breathing in too much air but why is it worse when i eat.And what if i cant do the therapy fo the helicobacter wat will happen to me then ,does the blood test only mean i am infected or was infected and it does not mean it causing my stomach issues .could dinking a green smoothie everyday for the last 5 months have caused this ,i had spinach,watercress ,5 tomatoes ,tomato puree ,stawberries ,apple in it and i always drank it in one go but it only the last month ive had these issues do you think ive overloaded my system too much fibre maybe i havent drank it in 6 days but still getting symptoms .im a mess kind regards molly

IP Logged
Andrea

I Love YaBB 2!

Arizona
Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2011, 8:33am

I've read that anxious people seem to swallow a lot of air, especially when they're eating. I'm not sure how true it is, but I bet RLR would know for sure.

If this is really scaring you so much, why don't you ask your doctor if you can try a different antibiotic? Or do you have a similar reaction to all of them?

Try to relax, and hang in there.

IP Logged
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2011, 9:23am

Thank you ,i think its anxiety causing me to throw up the antibiotics and fear of what they will do to me.im just a total mess kind regards molly

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2011, 4:16pm

People with anxiety tend to engage in aerophagia, or the copious swallowing of air as they eat or drink beverages. The result is often in the form of abdominal distention, bloating, pressure and discomfort that can also produce shallow breathing because the diaphragm is pushing upward against the lower lobes of the lungs.

This tendency is lessened by eating slowly and avoid drinking most of the beverage until the end of the meal. When drinking beverages, avoid straws or close-neck bottles as these tend to increase the problem trying to be avoided.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
MOLLY35

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2011, 2:12am

Thank you again rlr for your advice ,i just wish i could get the anti bs down me then i would stop worrying so much ,its fear of being allergic to them that causes all this worry too.kind regards molly

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print