HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It really is a shame (Read 4383 times)
skipabeat

I Love YaBB 2!

It really is a shame
Oct 27th, 2011, 6:55pm

that nobody out there can help us with these palps. RLR is a big help by making us understand that these palps are harmless. I'm sure there are some people who stop getting them for a week or maybe a month or so, but they always come back. Obviously they're not going to kill us because they are harmless. So I guess they're not going to put more time and effort into research. I guess it's like the common cold. There is no cure. All I know, is that I am still getting these palps for many years. And no matter what anyone tells me, they are still frightening, and scary to me. They are very annoying, and I'm sick of it. Thanks for listening.

IP Logged
NickMDal
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: It really is a shame
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2011, 6:00pm

I completely agree.  When I'm lying in bed, there is no way on earth to convince myself that this is a completely benign condition.  My brain is listening to the activity and responding with anxiety.  That much is involutary.

Is there any data on people with "benign" palps, demonstrating that there is no long term impact?

In my view, my heart is laboring (a bit).  Seems to be working unnecessarily hard.  Since I am lean (being such a palpitation-induced health nut) I can watch my abdomen raise and lower slightly with each beat.  That sounds harder on the heart than just beating in an unnoticed way and without lifting my anterior abdominal wall.

Still I agree that the thought of them being truly benign is helpful, whether or not it is true.

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2011, 12:28am

I surely do believe that they are benign. But I can't get around the fact that they are annoying as well.

So the thing is to be able to not fear them AND to see if you can reduce them by finding your triggers AND stand out with them when they do show up anyway ... Smiley

Martin

IP Logged
olewis8
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2011, 1:42am

It’s so true, heart palpitations if given early concern won’t make a big deal to your body. One must ensure that he/she keeps a check on the precautions and realize that heart palpitations are almost harmless.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print