Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
random increase in h/r (Read 2552 times)
marti

I Love YaBB 2!

missouri ozarks
random increase in h/r
Oct 30th, 2011, 3:06pm

Why is it that our heart rate will go up with just a little activity and other times it doesn't? I can feel it when it is elevated (mine does not go out of control or range) and it usualy goes right back down.  But I wonder at the randomness of it.  Seems like some slight exercise will make it go up at time.  No consistency

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: random increase in h/r
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2011, 5:41pm

Variability in heart rate during exertion, digestion and other processes is an entirely normal physiological response and despite what individuals may sense as inconsistency, the particular combination of influences upon the body at any given time virtually always produces necessary changes in order to maintain homeostasis, or normality. All manner of factors all play a role in how the heart responds to these influences and it is not an indication of a problem at all.

It's important to realize that the heart's ability to compensate under variable conditions is a sign of a normal, healthy heart and the extent of compensation is not gauged by whether you perceive it to be commensurate or appropriate, but rather by the status of other physiological functions taking place at the time.

Nothing wrong here at all.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print