Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bigeminy and stomach gurgling (Read 6889 times)
Fishnbig24
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Bigeminy and stomach gurgling
Dec 25th, 2011, 12:35am

RLR,

Wow I cannot believe that I found this form. You are amazing and it is great to hear a professional who recognizes the stomach / heart connection. I have had PVC's on and off for about 10 years. Come to think of it I had my first episode after eating 4 hotdogs and I thought I was going to die. That triggered a constant state of anxiety which in turn made my symptoms worse. That went on for about 5 years and I final got better. Never made the connection back then. Checked out fine back then heart wise. Fast forward to October 2011 after 4 years of barely any, while eating anything I wanted to by the way (the anxiety was not there so no pvc's). I balloon up to 350 lbs (I'm 6'6) and my fiancé gives birth to our first child...beautiful baby girl. I end up in the ER because I felt something I have never felt before...bigeminy. It was regular beat, early beat, regular beat, early beat, etc. It would only stop if I got up. For the past 3 months I have been very anxious with a couple decent panic attacks. I know that I was very nervous about my baby and I want to live a long life and be around for her. That is all I can think of. I'm 35 years old and shouldn't be thinking about VT and VF...which is what I think my bigeminy will turn into....but I don't after reading your responses. I am down to 265lbs because I am eating less and watching what I eat but the funny thing is is that my symptoms really got worse as I lost weight.I have a couple of questions and I appreciate your time very much.
1) Why all of the sudden the bigeminy and why did my symptoms change?
2) My stomach gurgles every morning and I get it really bad in the AM until I eat but then might come back a couple hours after eating. Why would this be.....mornings are the worst and sometimes sitting in bed at night.
3) Why does position matter? I have to sit up to sleep but if I lay down....BIGEMINY!! If I lay on my right, left or stomach...BIGEMINY again. Burping will also stop it intermitanly.
4) What would cause constant stomach gurgling when my stomach is empty in the AM? My fiancé put her head on my stomach and was amazed at the non stop gurgling....and I had bad BIGEMINY? Until I ate.
5) Last question..I promise. If I had a stress test and echo 7 years ago and everything was fine can my heart now be not normal...enlarged, clogged, etc that quick? The changes in symptoms is why I ask that question.

Thank you so much for your time and Happy Holidays. You are awesome!!

IP Logged
Fishnbig24
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Bigeminy and stomach gurgling
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:39pm

RLR,

I am new to the form and realized that I did something that you are not too fond of...I used a term that I perceive my palpitations to describe them...bigeminy. I apologize for that. I have been diagnosed with PVC's on a holter so I diagnosed my self when I was getting them every other beat. My last post was kind of long and I would be very grateful for an answer. I guess my new question is how does the vagus nerve cause this pattern of palpitations. I can see one here and there but this new symptom of a palpitation or "skip" every other beat is more of a patter that only stops if I burp or move...goes away for a while then comes back. It seems that If I don't burp it will just stay in that rhythm. Why is it also so bad if I don't eat for a few hours and always in the morning...same pattern no matter what.

Thanks RLR. Looking forward to your reply

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print