Can someone help? (Read 6426 times)
Scooby123
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Can someone help?
Mar 27th, 2012, 3:07pm

Good day,

I am a 49 years old male.  I have a history of PVCs since I was 25 years old on and off.  I have seen many doctors over the years for this and they always told me it was benign and caused by anxiety.

Three years ago I developped an Atrial Flutter which was quite a pain in the butt.  It was sucessfully ablated last year (18 May 11).  I was left on Sotalol 160 mg twice a day since and had no problems up until two months ago.  I started to have PVCs up to ying yang for hours at the time. Sad

I mean PVCs like every two or three heart beats.  They never really bothered me before...but at that rate? So I went back to my cardio and got a holter for 24 hrs and of course it was a quiet day. I only had 900+ PVCs and 17 PACs.  

I told my cardio that this was an extremely quiet day and normally they can easely go up to the 20K+ a day.  In the past little while I have been paying close attention to them and what could be the triggers.  Seems like they come on strong right after a meal (worst on big ones). It seems like it takes 4 to 6 hours to somewhat settle down (worst when I'm in bed).

Then, when my stomach seems to be MT, they completly go away and I'm good till my next meal (then it starts all over again). - of course I try to take small meals  Huh

Q: Could it be a problem with my stomach? I ofter have heart burns and while I'm in bed I feel my stomach twitch constantly while I have PVCs.

Q: I was under the impression that PVCs are cause by "Inflamation of one or multiple parts of the Ventricles". Then could it be the other way around? the PVCs are causing the stomach to procuce more acids and twitch?

My cardio said this is all benign and see you next year (next year??? :'().  I don't buy that anymore.  This thing is getting worst by the weeks.

Could something went wrong in the Flutter ablation? causing those PVCs 7-8 months later?.

How bad is bad and when should I go at hospotal? they turn me back last time saying that PVCs are harmless.

Tests in the past 4 years:
• Stress test (Normal)
• Echo (Normal)
• Flutter Ablation (Succesfull)
• Currently on Beta Bloker (Sotalol 160 mg x 2 daily)
• Asperin one a day (81 mg)
• Blood work (Normal)
• Hypertension (Cozar 100 mg per day (avrg 120/90)

What seems to be the problem? Why so many PVCs.

I don't drink, smoke, take alcohol, coffee, chocolate, no drugs....what an enigma. Undecided

Any suggestion?

Anyone? Embarrassed

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Re: Can someone help?
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2012, 4:46am

Hi did you ever go to the other board on this forum (Symptoms) as this is really more of a welcome, social board.

Just to say that from what you say about stomach issues - its possible this is the cause. But really the Doctor needs to see this so he might be able to help you. could you copy and paste it to the other board?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
mia0621

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2012, 8:14pm

I would love the answer to that question. I have tons of flutters in my chest, stomach, and ribs. They have been going on for almost two weeks now. I have had them really bad on several occasions. The go as suddenly as they come. Sometimes I won't have them for a year or more, then suddenly they return with a vengance. I get the same answers from the doctors. Never anything to worry about. Easy to say when they don't feel these awful sensations! Angry I guess if there is a bright side, nothing has happened to us yet. I get no other symptoms. If I start to get other symptoms, I will demand further testing. I will get several other opinions, whatever it takes! I have noticed that when I don't think about them, I don't have them as much. At work, I sometimes  go quite a while without them when I am very busy. When I start thinking about them again they return. I know stress has a lot to do with my flutters. I don't have them when first wake up in the morning, then as I start to worry about them they return. It's difficult not to think about them. I went a whole day and night without them about 3 days ago, then the next day they were back. I accidentally ate some cheese that was in some prepared food. I am lactose intolerant, and get horrible adominal distress when ever I consume dairy products. I feel gas bubbles and flutters when I eat anything that doesn't agree with me. Another doctor told me she thought it was my stomach causing the flutters. When I am feeling happy I don't have them. Go figure!  Huh I will bring them up at my next doctors visit in November. I'll let everyone know how that goes. Take care.

IP Logged
mia0621

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2012, 8:34pm

I forgot to mention, mine get worse when I sit or lie down. It takes a while for them to calm down. Eating also makes mine worse. Its such an awful feeling! They are constant. I can't believe that so many people are going thru the same thing. It's good to find a forum where we can share experiences. Before there was the internet, I remember feeling so isolated. I thought I was the only person on earth with anxiety and panic related issues. If you have had that many tests, and all of them are negative, then I think it's safe to say your palps are benign. RLR explained everything to us. It is up to us to start thinking differently and stop letting these things govern our lives. I work every day, and I never seem to have any problems. I think If these were serious, I wouldn't be able to do the work that I do. Hopefully we can all become more optomistic, and that with right thinking we can abolish these horrible sensations. Take care.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print