Investigations. (Read 4114 times)
Bibs
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Investigations.
Dec 16th, 2012, 11:35am

Hi,

I've had heart palpitations on and off since I was 16 (I'm 30 now) and I have never really worried about then before. Recently I did start to worry about then because they seemed to be triggered by exercise and came along with an irregular pulse and feeling a bit unwell for a few seconds sometimes. I have spoken to the GP a few times and they have not done any more tests other than a brief resting ECG which showed no abnormalities. I have been told that I probably have benign ectopics and to come back if they get worse but no-one has actually recorded any on ECG or checked if my heart if structurally normal. I do feel that I would be more reassured if I had more investigations to prove what is wrong and I have lost a bit of confidence in exercising to be honest. Maybe I should get over it and not worry but in the back of my mind i just want them to be more thorough and actually have recorded on ECG what is happening when I have these palpitations. Should I ask for a halter monitor or experience ECG or just excrecise and ignore?

IP Logged
Bibs
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: Investigations.
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2012, 11:37am

Sorry about the typos. I was typing on my iPad. Hopefully the post still makes sense.

IP Logged
zilly84
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Alaska
Re: Investigations.
Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2012, 6:03pm

It makes sense. I have done similar. I have also had palpitations periodically thoughout my life. But they have been happeneing a lot more recentley. I'm 28. I went to the doc and they did the same for me. Resting EKG and took some blood. Of course my heart was beating normally for the 12 seconds of the recording. I will get the results on Monday for my blood. They said to call if they happened more than twice a week and they did. So I called and said all they could do was refer me to a cardiologist. I don't have insurance so that probably won't be happening for a while. I do have an anxiety problem and recently started fluoxetine but my palps have increased since starting. I used to get one a day every few weeks now it's like 3 or more a day.  Embarrassed If I were you, I'd get the holter monitor or an echo done so they can rule out anything abnormal. I wish I could but I can't afford it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print