Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just want some answers (Read 24419 times)
mtaren11
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Just want some answers
Jan 20th, 2013, 10:36pm

Hi there everyone

I'm a 22 year old female who has recently been going through a rough couple weeks. I have had the occasional heart palp since I was 15, maybe a couple a week, or a few every two weeks, so i got used to them. Well three weeks ago, the day after xmas, my heart started skipping and this time didn't only last one or two times, but continued. Non stop. I went to the ER and they did tests and determined nothing was wrong. I wasn't convinced so i went to another hospital with a better rep and made a cardiology appointment. Fast forward, had an echo, multiple ekgs, chest xray, blood tests, holter, you name it! ALL RESULTS CAME BACK NORMAL. The doc said structurally my heart was fine, he told me to work out, and to play sports. Well for the last three weeks its been a pvc or pac every minute of every hour. Every once in awhile i may have 10 minutes without one, or i'll let my mind be occupied by something else, but it's driving me nuts. Even though there is nothing wrong i am still at a loss for why these all started three weeks ago.

Four weeks ago my heart wasn't doing this. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, i have been on zoloft for 10 years and i'm changing to prozac as we speak (since i've been to the psychiatrist since this all started). I was taking propranolol for a week or two but didn't get much relief on it. I guess I just want to know that it'll go away. That i went all these years without it being this repetitive and persistant. I'm 22, I like being with my friends but these last three weeks i've become a shut in. I'm a comedienne and I don't get joy out of being funny because i'm constantly scared. I have looked into every kind of vitamin or supplement to just get a little relief but nothing has worked. I'm tired. I guess i'm just looking for a boost. I wake up every morning thinking "maybe today will be the day everything goes back to normal." I see these things saying more than 6 a minute is dangerous, or a few in a row, but i have all that, so I get scared. My parents are sad cause they see me sad, but I feel like they truly don't know what i'm going through. I am hopeless that the skips will stop. Why can't i accept what the doctor says? Also the skips seem to be less frequent when I am moving around, walking, skating, even just getting up from laying down. Normal?

The anxiety is hard to deal with, my ears ring, sometimes dizzy, and I just think everything is related to my heart. I'm sorry for being such a debbie downer, and for writing an essay, I just feel so alone. Thank you all

MT

IP Logged
Seabass17
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: Just want some answers
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2013, 11:15am

Hi mtaren11:

You are definitely not alone.

It is very common to have more palpitations at rest. Something to do with changes in your nervous system. RLR can explain that better, but its normal.

If you have been checked out, which you have, you just need to try ignoring the sensations. As RLR says, think of it as nothing more than an eye twitch. You are still very young, if there was something wrong with your heart, all those tests you took would have caught something.

It will be hard to do, but just keep yourself busy, try not to think about it. Easier said then done I know.

IP Logged
mtaren11
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2013, 10:37pm

Thanks Seabass! As a matter of fact I got about 10+ hours of relief today. Not a one skipped beat until I layed down for bed.. Is that normal? Going from 3 weeks straight of skips every minute to not having any all day!? I really do think it has a lot to do with anxiety. I can only hope that every day will be like today.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2013, 4:54pm

Welcome to the forum. I've read your posting and concerns.

"Why can't i accept what the doctor says?" is a very common premise among persons with health anxiety resulting from symptoms that are misunderstood. You can't accept your doctor's diagnosis because you fear that something serious could occur as a result of the palpitation events and it has created the perspective that your life is in danger.

It's important to understand that the brain reacts very instinctively to such a perspective and innately responds by working to define the source of the threat and overcome it. It's a mechanism of survival and it's what produces the compelling need to be vigilant to every subtle change the body is experiencing and a constant watch on one's heart rate and characteristics for signs of trouble. There is often the need to seek safety and withdrawal from social engagements is quite common.

You need to realize that you're in no actual danger whatsoever. The palpitation events are very closely related to a muscle twitch event that you might experience elsewhere in the body such as an eyelid. The only difference here is that the muscle being inappropriately stimulated is the heart muscle. These disturbances, however, are entirely incapable of interrupting the heart's pacers and performance. In sum, the palpitation events are incapable of transforming into some type of dangerous arrhythmia or causing you to suddenly suffer any type of cardiac event. Although the fear arises to this extent, the ability for such circumstances to actually arise is medically impossible and due to the actual nature of the events by contrast to what the patient believes to be the case.

You're going to be just fine and you should not let the events diminish your social life. Although frightening, the events will never produce any greater outcome than the symptom itself.

Spend time with the members to the forum, who are an excellent resource for support and information.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Lucidboomer
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2013, 2:10pm

There is a ton of information here.  I've been studying heart palpitations since 2002 when I had my first attack.  Like many others, I thought I was dying!  Palps can be caused by a number of differing risk factors.

Since I'm already an online researcher, it was an easy step for me to ad "palp research" to my daily routine.  It took me 6 years to nail down the risk factors for palpitations of my type.  My doctor says my heart is fine and that I am just stressed and should lay off coffee etc.  Lol.  Wish it was that easy!

It took me nearly six years but I cured my problem.  Now I blog about it and speak with others who want to know what I did.  The answer is out there folks and its NOT drugs!

You do not have to suffer from palpitations any longer.  You can do something about it today, so that by next week at this time you will no longer have palpitations.

Nick.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2013, 4:56pm

Okay, this is about the third such posting I've read which hints of some type of curative information and does so in the manner of baiting.

It is important for you to understand that such solicitation is entirely prohibited on this forum and will be grounds for being banned from access if pursued any further. If you have information that you wish to share with any member here, then you are free to do so but the use of luring comments to suggest that it is available but not accessible suggests promotion or solicitation.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Lucidboomer
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2013, 7:01pm

RLR wrote on Feb 22nd, 2013, 4:56pm:
Okay, this is about the third such posting I've read which hints of some type of curative information and does so in the manner of baiting.

It is important for you to understand that such solicitation is entirely prohibited on this forum and will be grounds for being banned from access if pursued any further. If you have information that you wish to share with any member here, then you are free to do so but the use of luring comments to suggest that it is available but not accessible suggests promotion or solicitation.

Best regards,

I am not soliciting.  In fact, that is why I had to stop short of telling folks how I cured my palpitations.  I only wanted people to realize that curing heart palpitations is possible and that the answer lays outside the traditionally narrow medical profession's operating model.  For some reason, doctors refuse to tell people what's going on.  You are a retired physician, so we both know what that is.  

Big Pharma pays people (often retired physicians) to protect their turf.  I sure hope you are not one of them.  As a retiree, aren't you free to tell the truth now?

The people I am talking about are those whom doctors have given a clean bill of health.  Ie... no prolapsed mitral valve issue.  No defective purkinje fibres, etc.... I'm talking about dealing with internal inflammation.  Anyone who would seek to stifle discussion about this issue must have an alternate agenda.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:02am

"Big Pharma pays people (often retired physicians) to protect their turf.  I sure hope you are not one of them.  As a retiree, aren't you free to tell the truth now?"

Your arrogance is only surpassed by the chronic demonstration of ignorance.

Do you actually believe that members and guests to this forum are ignorant enough to follow you through frank deception and some petty claim of a cure? If so, then you grossly underestimate their capacity.

Purely by the grace of what little patience I have afforded you does your presence here continue. If you persist, I will remove you from further access.

IP Logged
Lucidboomer
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:49am

Wow, so "Liberal" of you.  Nothing you've ever done gives you the right to treat people so badly.  How you get "arrogance" from a simple discussion is amazingly "liberal" of you.  I realize that your history probably precludes you from the ability to exercise free thought.  

That said, I've read many of your posts and I can see you appear to have a genuine desire to help people.  Your presence is ubiquitous around health forums, and if the motive is to purely help people, then good on you.  However, your torrid intolerance of dissenting opinion is alarming.  Do you suffer the illusion that "your's is the only way" in all cases?  

Everyone knows, and the statistics bear this out, that more than 100,000 people die every year just from properly prescribed drugs.  If you own this forum, then you certainly have the power to shut out truth seekers and to keep people narrowly focused on discussing symptom control rather than curative remediation.  If you choose to exercise that power, then you only prove my earlier thoughts about big pharma wanting to control things.

My best friend is a retired pharmaceutical scientist, so I already know their game, no matter what hissy fit any of their people with to throw. I know also that 165,000 people per month (globally) are looking for solutions to heart palpitations.  Yes, I said "Looking".  That means on the search engines and outside of this forum.  So while you can cut me out of the loop here, you will achieve only a couple of things.

You will demonstrate a massive intolerance for new ideas and you will fail to suppress the message.  People are going to find my information and that of many others.  

And finally, I have never resorted to calling you names or vilifying you like you have tried to do to me.  Why don't you tell us what's really going on?  Why the vitriol?

IP Logged
Lucidboomer
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:03pm

RLR wrote on Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:02am:
"Big Pharma pays people (often retired physicians) to protect their turf.  I sure hope you are not one of them.  As a retiree, aren't you free to tell the truth now?"

Your arrogance is only surpassed by the chronic demonstration of ignorance.

Do you actually believe that members and guests to this forum are ignorant enough to follow you through frank deception and some petty claim of a cure? If so, then you grossly underestimate their capacity.

Purely by the grace of what little patience I have afforded you does your presence here continue. If you persist, I will remove you from further access.

Perhaps I'm not communicating well enough.  I don't talk about "cures".  A cure, to me, is something that makes a problem go away.  A cure is a very narrow and limiting understanding of the whole issue.  

A health problem exists or it does not exist.  If it exists, it exists because the host has developed an environment for the condition to exist.  What I am talking about is that we consider what needs to happen for the environment to NOT EXIST.  There is a huge difference between making a problem go away, and creating an environment where the problem couldn't exist in the first place.  

We have only to look at cancer treatment as an example.  People undergo chemo get pieces of them cut off.  Often, the problem is then "gone".  The medical community, not liking to use the word "cured" describes the patient as "being in remission."  This gives them a soft landing for when the "5-year bounce" happens.  A woman has a mastectomy and is in remission.  In year six or seven, she dies.

What if men and women could learn to create an environment within their bodies where disease could not exist?  There would be nothing to "cure". And I am NOT SAYING here that I have such information.  I'm saying "what if".  We all know this day is coming.  

Would you be ok with people being able to "not get diseased"?  Would you have a problem with that?

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2013, 3:56pm

The matter is not open for debate. You need to locate a forum more consistent with your own suppositions and notions. This forum is strictly based in allopathic medicine, not homeopathy. If you believe so strongly in your own research, then you need to establish a forum of your own. This one is not unavailable for such purposes.

I'll make no further response on the subject. If you persist in tagging multiple posts, I'll have no choice but to remove subsequent access. I trust that you're mature enough to simply move on without the need for me to act in that context.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Lucidboomer
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2013, 9:04pm

Fair enough.  I'll make no more posts on this forum.  I am a tech Guru of 35 years so as you might imagine, I am up to my but in sites.  I have just over 12,000 twitter followers and I reach about 4 million through my Facebook pages in the this and related subjects as well as my guest posts on NaturalNews.com and other similar sites.  

I do wish you the best, though I anticipate that I am definitely not the first person to point out your "control issues" and insecurities around health care.  Your reactions were totally over the top.  You could have just as easily approached me via PM to discuss your desire to keep this group in the dark.

Maybe you should put a "Sticky" on the site to warn any newcomers that you are slaves to big pharma and you have no interest in any talk about alternative measures.  You'd save yourself all this grief.     Grin

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #12 - Feb 24th, 2013, 3:07am

Lucidbloomer is a conspiracy theorist. He probably wears a tin foil hat.  Wink

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #13 - Feb 24th, 2013, 1:00pm

Oh, GO AWAY LucidBoomer. You are embarassing. Noone will fall for your pathetic attempts. Good luck getting hits on your blog. You're gonna have to try some other cheap way of getting business.

Maybe you should try warning people of another impending apocalypse and devise some sort of "safety bunker" product. That seems to be the popular scam these days.

Failing that, I hear there's a job going selling sweets on Romford market.

And to you Richie, I think that's not fair of you to say. I would say that RLR has probably given YOU PERSONALLY more help and time than anyone else on this forum. It's YOU that is the one "ignoring". You keep ignoring the FACTS that are constantly presented to you. One day you're gonna look back on all this and wish you had got on with your life except spending the ACTUAL DAYS THAT YOU ARE ALIVE chasing a dragon that doesn't exist. Honestly, how much could you have been doing all this time that you have been worrying and doubting RLR and your doctors? You're still alive now, and you have been alive the whole time. And you still will be in another 20 years.

I don't know how RLR has the patience to run this forum sometimes.

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #14 - Feb 25th, 2013, 12:26am

Richie, I just wonder, if it isn't anxiety, how have you lasted all these years without having a major event and being hospitalized with surgery/medical intervention?

Best of health to you too.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print