Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pvc (Read 4870 times)
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

pvc
Feb 17th, 2013, 9:10am

How many of these can you have and be ok? I have 5 to 10 a day recently it gives me extreme anxiety i dont understand them. They wake me up at night simetimes im afraid to sleep anyone have advice for what i can do?

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Re: pvc
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2013, 10:20am

The two-step-instruction sounds like this: (I'm no doctor.)

1: Get your heart checked by a doctor/doctors.

2: If they say your heart is ok, it IS ok, and you've got a healthy heart. That means that the palpitations are entirely benign and there is no reason to be afraid of them. Benign palps are caused by wayward nerveimpulses which "hits" the heart via the vagus nerve.

BUT they still can feel scary and uncomfortable for both mental and medical reasons. Maybe you will just have live with that Sad
And maybe you can do something to make them less frequent and less annoying, namely by reducing factors that might produce these nerveimpulses: overeating, overdrinking alcohol and coffee, being stressed for both private and job-reasons and several others.

And maybe just knowing that they originate from the outside and not the inside of the heart will reduce your anxiety/stress so much that they will be fewer and won't feel so bad. And maybe some day stay away.

Good luck.

IP Logged
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2013, 12:59pm

Thank you for the post. I dont no why they bother me so much compared to other peiple it feels like it stops. I quit my very good job over a mental problem i cant beat. I dont drink do drugs not smoke nothing.

IP Logged
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2013, 10:00pm

Can you think so hard about your heart stopping that it does actually stop?

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2013, 10:10pm

Don't try!
(No, I REALLY don't think so, but then: I'm NOT the type who believes that thinking about flying can make you flying, so ...) Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print