Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
To Members & Guests- Solicitous Postings (Read 3248 times)
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

To Members & Guests- Solicitous Postings
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:41am

Below is the exchange through private message sent to me by a newly established member LucidBoomer. Although I tend to be more swift in removing such postings and information, I've left this to open view on the forum for a time so that you can inspect it for yourselves.

As many of you who have spoken with me over the years already know, I am rather practical and straight-forward in my exchanges on this forum and I demonstrate little patience for anyone venturing here for the purpose of solicitous deception. More than anyone, I want you to benefit from our time together here and if the solution to your predicament represented something so simplistic as a concoction or supplement, I would have supported such efforts years ago.

Although I realize that most all of you are capable of seeing through the various postings which have appeared on the forum with less than genuine intentions, I simply wanted to take this opportunity to reinforce my position on the matter as a former physician and concern for your welfare. As always, you are certainly free to investigate or even experiment with these products at your own risk but I will never refrain here from sharing my frank opinions on the use of vitamins, supplements and herbal remedies as claims for curing anything at all, most especially benign palpitations.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

FROM PRIVATE MESSAGE:

"You have some great posts.  I particularly like the one at 5:30 regarding "second opinion".  

In my work here in BC, I've been studying palpitations for about ten years now.  I'm an IT expert and researcher.  I've spent a lot of time on the David Duke phyto-nutritional database and find it fascinating.

I have talked to a lot of police and corrections staff who report good success using Relora (TM).  Relora is the bark from the magnolia and philodendron trees.  They tell me it helps to regulate stress hormones and quickly normalizes cortisol.  In police and corrections, their adrenal system is constantly stressed.  A collateral effect to Relora as well is that it tends to act as an appetite suppressant - probably because it reduces stress related eating.  For this reason, it's often sold as a diet aid.

Have you any experience with this?  Or have you heard of it?

Nick."

Response to LucidBoomer:

I'll preface my closing remarks here by helping you to better understand the nature of the concoction that has been among the focus of your ten-year research. Berberine and palmatine are alkaloids derived from the bark of the Phellodendron, or cork tree, which together with chemically inert binders has been manufactured as the homeopathic supplement Relora. There is no clinical evidence whatsoever that these compounds are effective in treating or curing certain medical conditions, certainly not benign palpitations.

Furthermore, you incorrectly used the term "philodendron" rather than Phellodendron. It should be of interest to you that philodendron contains oxalates in the form of raphides which although produce mild toxicity in adults is actually deadly when eaten by canines and felines.

My point here is that while you may be an IT "expert" it does not qualify you in any way as a medical researcher and the inaccuracies alone cited here should represent cautionary evidence. This medical forum is based in allopathic medicine, not charismatics. The peddling of supplements, vitamins and concoctions is not welcome here and will result in the source being banned from access.

I'm not certain what you've been researching for 10 years, but I must caution you in attempting to establish a presence here under the auspice of having found a cure for the condition under topic with this forum. In my time, I have encountered many people whose strivings bear no compassion for others whatsoever and the perception of medical predicament is nothing more than a signal of opportunism to prey upon their desperation for pure financial gain.

I am extremely protective of the members and guests to this forum from exposure to deception and I am entirely intolerant to the lures of quackery which claim that a cure for ailment is but a bottle away from their reach and investment.

Make no mistake that I will ban your presence here if you attempt to market any product or otherwise solicit those who visit this forum.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print