Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ectopics and irregular rythm (Read 3375 times)
plantman
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Ectopics and irregular rythm
Feb 26th, 2013, 7:47am

Hi all,

Its been really interesting reading the other threads on here, all with symptoms relating to mine, its great to have reassurance Smiley

Now here is my issue, i have ectopics all the time, during and after exersize, sitting watching TV ect and ive just learnt to live with them, the flutter, thump-thud, sometimes 3 or 4 after each other.

However i recently started getting a change in rythm, i would be sat doing nothing them get 5 or 6 hard fast single thuds in the chest, really close together, my wife who is a nurse took my pulse and said it felt like atrial fibrillation so we called an ambulance (after speaking to the doctors)
the ambulance man caught the rapid beats and immediately said the same AF so off to hospital i went.
Sat in the prep area i got another ECG and it also caught the run of weird beats, but the ECH caught them right at the start and right at the end of the print out.
When i go up to CCU the beats stopped, nothing on the monitor for 12hrs so they let me out.
When i asked about the ECG they looked at the print out and said it looked like fast heart beats and nothing more.
I wasnt convinced so i went to my GP and she looked at the ECG and she said it looked like interference on the monitor   Undecided

this is a snapshot of the 5 or 6 beats i felt, as soon as these stopped i felt nothing

my echo and 24hr monitor came back ok with general ectopics, but im not convinced these beats were just fast?

RLR you may be able to help?
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login  

IP Logged
valentino
Forum Newbies

keep breathing and
laugh

UK KENT
Re: Ectopics and irregular rythm
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2013, 6:57am

Hi Plantman

The first 3 beats looks normal, but to me the remaining beats looks like
AF, I had a similar event the T ad  P wave are missing replaced by sawtooth line . Short runs of AF are not uncommon like few seconds.
Not dangerous but get a 30 days or a week holter monitor to confirm it.
How did you feel during the episode ? lightheaded ? dizzy, a bit breathless?
take care
Val

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print