Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ILR (Read 3745 times)
rosekay

I Love YaBB 2!

South Wales
ILR
Mar 11th, 2013, 10:31am

Has anyone had an implantable loop recorder, and can they tell me about it from the patient's side please? I know they are small, but what do they actually look like in use?  Is there a big bulge to disguise?

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: ILR
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2013, 6:25pm

I presume you are asking out of potential consideration of such a procedure and my question would be whether this is directed by the advice of your physician or yourself.

The constant vigilance that something is wrong with your heart and the belief that constant watch must be maintained to avoid some type of event should constitute the need for reflection. I recall your earlier postings and have spoken with you to some length regarding your apprehension.

While implantation of the device is not life-threatening, it is actually considered unwarranted in your own instance unless there have been demonstrable changes over time to which I am not aware.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
rosekay

I Love YaBB 2!

South Wales
Re: ILR
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2013, 6:54am

Thanks for your input,RLR.  It was a suggestion by my doctor, I had never heard of a monitor like that. He did say he didn''t think there was a problem but that we could go down this route if I was still getting the palpitations and they worried me.  I really am trying not to fuss, and most of the time I am just fine. It is such a horrible feeling when the heart seems to stutter and go all irregular.   Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print