Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RLR - Heart events at day and night, some advice? (Read 5186 times)
Brittany
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

RLR - Heart events at day and night, some advice?
Mar 12th, 2013, 3:50am

I'm looking for some advice. This has become incredibly troublesome to me now.

A little background on me is that I'm 19, female, majority sedentary, but eat quite healthy, weigh 55kg at 172cm tall and would love to exercise every day, but I am too scared to do so out of fear of my heart.

I am aware that I have severe anxiety when it comes to my heart. That is the first compromising factor to any form of rationalization I'd have over this. I spend much of my day wondering if I'm breathing right, wondering if my heart rate is right. To give you a concept, I would even have spasms in the muscle in my neck. I found this was because I kept sticking my thumb into my neck to feel my heart rate.

Often during the day, my heart rate is at 95bpm. Then, even though I am still anxious, it will drop to somewhere around 65bpm. I'm often breathless, and check my heart rate to see if there's any change. Sometimes it has changed, other times it hasn't. During rest, or relief of muscle tension, with the use of a bath for example, the heart rate is normally low for a period of time after. This is troublesome to me, and causes me a lot of fear, tension, breathlessness. I also seem to have an issue with dizziness, all day, and every day, which is exacerbated by movement of my head and refocusing on different things.

My other issue is at night. When I lay down, my heart rate normally rests just over 60. But I seem to have a problem with my heart rate settling low and hard. When I go to sleep, sometimes I am awakened by my heart. Yesterday, for example, my heart was beating slowly and I felt a pressure throughout my body. A couple of weeks ago, I was dreaming, something bad happened during the dream, I then suddenly awoke to (albeit no anxiety, just the after effects of feeling shocked) my heart beat slow, very hard, and causing discomfort / pain as it beat.

I have had tests in the past. 3 day Holter 2 years ago, blood checks as little as a month ago, quite a number of ECGs which showed complete regularity with occasional benign PVCs, etc.

I'm not sure what to say here. I want to pass control to my heart over this but it's certainly in my head. The main cause of 'doubt' for me is quite simply suddenly waking up from otherwise normal conditions and having my heart beat slow and hard.

If you could give me some advice, I would be incredibly appreciative.

IP Logged
Brittany
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: RLR - Heart events at day and night, some advice?
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2013, 4:25am

Also as a side note, I must say that I've read through much of Dr. Rane's posts in the past and been either reassured or surprised by the in depth response to people who are suffering. I think that's amazing. Spending time out of your day to pass on free advice to people who are feeling weak at the time. It truly inspires me to work with people, and help them in areas they may be struggling.

I noticed RLR is away for the next few weeks. I hope it is okay that I bump this thread when he's back. I'd also like to make a donation to a medical charity of his choice in response to the wealth of information and support he has given others.

- Brittany

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2013, 11:53am

Brittany your story is very familiar  : )  If you read through the 1000's of post on this websites and many others you will see the same story over and over.  That alone should give you great comfort!!  If you were the only one having these symptoms then you should be very worried!

I will tell you that you are WAY TOO YOUNG not to be out enjoying exercise and living life!  Life is going to pass you by in a blink of an eye and you will be very upset on your 80th birthday to know that you did not live it to the fullest!  MAKE THE CHANGE TODAY!  You have been checked out and have been given a clean bill of health!  GO ENJOY LIFE.  Your symptoms may not go right away or ever...BUT....they will never bring you harm so who cares!

I suffered for 7 long years with crippling anxiety because of Palps....but with the help from RLR and some other websites I am back and living my life to the fullest!!!  Yes I still have palps but I could care less.....they havent killed me yet  : )

The way out is MENTAL....start challenging yourself and you will see you are capable of so much more!!!  I used to work out every day scared to death, but I would say to myself "I am in a gym full of people...if my heart acts up and I need help, they will help me"  and then I would just keep working out!  And no matter how hard I worked out my heart always pumped!!!!

Check out books from Claire Weekes and also go to these websites  and read through them!  YOU ARE FINE.....its your mind that is off.  The good thing about that is you can fix your thoughts  : )  

panicend.com
anxietynomore.co.uk/blog/

Hope this helps

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2013, 4:38am

hi Brittany

if you got tested than relax.
The fast heart rate. the 95bpm sometimes in rest during the day doesnt mean anything. the slightest stress and you also seem to hyperventilate a bit due to anxiety if I read your symptoms correctly can easily increase your heart bpm. Believe me I;ve been there and I still am there. My heart rate is easily a 90-100 bpm when just moving my upperbody or sitting and waiting somewhere or just standing up can increase my heart rate easily.
The good thing in REST your heart rate is lower.  60 bpm
the lower your heart beat the easier a skipped heartbeat can occur !
The pounding heart thing is often anxiety or stress related imo.

If you got enough tests. than start to learn to live with your anxiety issues. its easier said than done. but it'll pass

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print