Send Topic Print
Palpitations and pain (Read 3135 times)
summersun
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Palpitations and pain
Mar 17th, 2013, 6:29am

Hi. I have been suffering from ME for 18 months now, the last 3 months I have been bed bound. I have had a lot of chest symptoms including palpitations and pain, recently I had a 24hr ECG that just showed sinus arrhythmia. The last few days I have had chest pain when I get up to the toilet. I got this checked out last night and had an ECG, chest Xray and bloods at A&E. Everything was normal but I am still concerned that I am getting chest pain when I get up and it goes when I lie down. Do you think I need to pursue this any further?

Many thanks

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re: Palpitations and pain
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2013, 10:02am

Hello - not advice as such but some thoughts if you have been given all clear by your docs...
My brother suffers from ME and has much intermittent pain, though he is not bed bound, he is not so fit and strong due to the condition. Have you considered it may just be muscle weakness due to the fact that when you have ME a normal task is much more strenuous for you.
There are quite a few posts on here about a syndrome that causes chest pain that is unrelated to your heart  - da costas syndrome. Another benign possibility to consider Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print