Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PLEASE help me - 24hr ecg and echo results (Read 4202 times)
chl_hobbs
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

PLEASE help me - 24hr ecg and echo results
Mar 22nd, 2013, 2:55am

Hi RLR,
I would really appreciate any advice.
I have always had the odd palpitation since I was a teenager. I wasnt really that bothered by them until I had a horrible life changing experience when I almost died from a torn spleen in an emergency op 18 months ago.
Since then I have had moments of extreme panic. In fact, I would say it's daily moments of panic. I at times live in complete terror thinking I am going to die. I was diagnosed with PTSD and have been getting therapy for it. I also take citalopram.

My 'flutters' and big 'thuds' really were upsetting me, and I was feeling light headed more and more, so I got an echo done aswell as a 24hr ecg. These are the basic results:

ECHO:
'Left Ventricle on the upper limits of normal. Good systolic function. Right Ventricle normal. All normal widths and walls.
24 HR ECG:
'Sinus rhythm with fairly frequent periods of sinus tachycardia, 1 was prolonged. Unifocal ventricular ectopic beats were detected.They occured frequently at times including 414 episodes of trigeminy,the longest being 604 cycles at 23.37hrs. There was a marked increase in frequency during the nocturnal period.Aberrant total: 5000. Premature aberrants: 928.'
'No arrhythmia documented. Frequent unifocal ectopic beats. No treatment required but an echo is useful to rule out structural heart disease'.

Im really really upset by these findings. My drs just fob me off and say not to worry but I am. Why is my left ventricle on the upper limits of normal??? Does that mean its enlarging more and more and no one will notice until it's too late?My EF was only 54% but again the drs say thats ok?? Why am I having so many ectopic beats and will they kill me by going into an irregular rhythm?

I get lightheaded a lot, my heart races and sometimes I feel tight chested. The drs say my severe anxiety is responsible for this.

Please, if you could help me (or anyone can) please I would be so grateful.

(Im 29 year old female. 14lbs overweight, mother, other than laparotomy to repair spleen good health).

Charlotte

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: PLEASE help me - 24hr ecg and echo results
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2013, 5:59am

RLR is absent for some weeks. If you want an immediate response maybe you could contact Dr Richardson All Experts site.. cardiology

He is very good also and can help you..
If you have patience i'm sure RLR will help you explain this..
Good luck

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print