Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
heart phobia (Read 4667 times)
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

heart phobia
Mar 25th, 2013, 2:29pm

I have a huge heart phobia and a lot wrong and read on all the side effects of all the meds. im just being honest but im wondering if anyone has this or does the same thing? I have right bundle block bradicardia to 39 and pvcs. I also have ms and bad anxiety so they want me to take Lexapro but it effects the heart same with the steriods for the ms. so im always afraid of taking them any suggestions im only 24 and have a huge fear of death. I have a 3 year old I don't want him to grow up as I did without a father. this scares me so bad. so this always scares me into a cardio phobia with extreme fear of drugs. thanks for advice this forum is great for help.

IP Logged
MSWMummah
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: heart phobia
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2013, 11:03pm

Hey Josh,

It makes total sense that you would have a big heart phobia and a fear of death.  You are a young man, with a young son, and some problems with your body that are out of your control.  I also had a huge fear of death and very bad anxiety when I was a young person....I'm an old person now, so take heart that alone won't make you pop your clogs!  I think you need to be able to find some space in your mind to consider things without being flooded by fear, anxiety and worst case senarios.  Anxiety is a profoundly strong feeling but I don't think it always tells us the truth.  I hear you have a strong aversion to drugs (I think you are on some for the MS?) and do not want to make your situation worse or compound your symptoms.  That said, is there someone with whom you can talk about this that you really trust?  Do you have a good relationship with any of your doc's?  I do know that when you are consumed with feeling like you're about to die you can't make good decisions; the feeling is directing your behaviour instead of being able to think critically about your situation and feelings aren't fact.  You don't deserve to be trapped and suffering because of FEAR.  Even if you only use a pharmacuetical intervention for a short time it might just be time enough for you to get some rest, find some calm and come up with a new plan.  Counsellors can REALLY help with anxiety and coping with chronic health problems.  You are definitely not alone in your feeling and I encourage to know that you don't have to be stuck with them either - feelings can change!  

Take good care.

IP Logged
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: heart phobia
Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2013, 5:33pm

thanks for the response I kmow I post here a lot and my biggest thing all my docs do not communicate very well witch scares me. they want to put me on antidepressents like Lexapro but want to put me under watch to make sure nothing happens with my heart. but hat worrys me because I call them and ask a question that I never get any answers to like how the rbbb only shows up for him and know one else seen it then it only showed twice. the electro guy didn't find it and my tilt came back pos for pots but also have bradicardia so there having a tuff time figuring it out. its been seven months of skipped beats near synscope but no treatments. I just wonder how I should just face my fears because I cant figure out how? I do see a therapist it works but not like I thought it would. sorry for the rambling and thanks for the help.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print