Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recovery Heart Rate after Exercise? (Read 5310 times)
Brittany
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Recovery Heart Rate after Exercise?
Mar 26th, 2013, 1:21am

Hey guys.

Over the past few days, I've been trying to get over my anxiety issues.

On one hand I'm trying to deal with social anxiety, on the other, anxiety over heart issues.

So whenever I'm experiencing 'episodes' of symptoms (back pain, jaw pain, ear pain, numbness, cooling on skin, racing heart, palpitations, etc!) I will jump up and run on the spot.

I normally do long term jogging that gets my heart rate to say 140bpm then gradually reduces, or I do a quick burst.

When I do a quick burst, I will run on the spot for about 80 seconds quite intensely, feet kicking up to my bum and arms well extending. My heart rate reaches around 165-170 and within about 120 seconds, it returns very happily to 80bpm when I sit down and breathe.

The only 'symptom' I get is a feeling of 'stress' in my chest during the recovery. As though my heart is trying to settle down.

My only concern about this is that the heart returns in such a quick fashion. I've read that recovery should be about 15-20bpm. Why is it in my case it is closer to about 60bpm?

I used to be very fit, but have been sedentary for quite a while now.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Recovery Heart Rate after Exercise?
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2013, 12:00am

in my opinion its the faster the better.. it says something of your exercise condition. I could be wrong. but thats what I think
In my case my heart rate went to the roof doing basically nothing. so slight jogging for 2  or 3 minutes gave a 170 bpm
after a couple of minutes it went to 100-110  and stayed there for some while..

IP Logged
Jonp
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: Recovery Heart Rate after Exercise?
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2013, 10:09am

I'm just wondering Brittany, could your 80bpm actually be 160 with alternate missing beats?  I used to get a faster heart rate sitting down after exercise but, in the last year, I have been getting missing beats when I stop, usually every 4th beat but sometimes every other beat with uncomfortable chest feelings and a lot of wind to burp up.  Probably nothing to worry about but best to get it checked.  I know my problems come from swallowing air when I hyperventilate while exercising.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print