Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why has my heart rate slowed down? (Read 5833 times)
Brittany
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Why has my heart rate slowed down?
Mar 30th, 2013, 12:25pm

I've been terrified of my heart rate for weeks. It's been 95 at rest for ages.

Then I started Citalopram and dropped my multivitamin.

Almost overnight, I noted my heart rate dropped to 70 at rest. Now it's resting around 58.

I'm concerned. It seems to be getting slow. I have severe dizziness 100% of the time lately, a lot worse than my usual.

The last ECG I had showed no irregularities at all, but I had a high heart rate resting because of the anxiety.

I'm still just as anxious, I'm just concerned more now about the dizziness and the suddenly dropping heart rate, not the fast heart rate!

Why would my heart change so significantly over a week?

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Re: Why has my heart rate slowed down?
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2013, 11:28pm

I think you should discuss with you doctor if Citalopram is the right medicine for you. Doesn't seem to be, does it?

IP Logged
Brittany
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2013, 4:03am

I asked him about it and he said that it was most likely not due to the citalopram, and that I'm 'fine'.

I'm confused by my hearts little fiasco over the last few weeks, although I'm honestly doing rather well physically, I can exercise hard and my heart rate is very stable with occasional bursts of premature contraction palpitations during wake (and sometimes when drifting to sleep).

Sometimes I just feel strain and pressure in my chest when I'm anxious, and sometimes I get concerned by the sometimes fast sometimes slow heart rate. Then again, I feel it almost 500 times a day now..

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2013, 10:44pm

I´m no gp. But aresting heart rate at night of 58 is normal. I have had a holter for a week some years ago. In that week I never ever did any sports or exercise than climbing a stair or doing some dishes and walking.  my heart rate varied from high 148 till low 45 at night at sleep at some time..

This was considered perfectly normal.

I also notice big changes in my heart rate as well. still do. Last night in bed it was 92,, i got up to go to the bathroom , so you should think more activity..and it dropped to 70 on the toilet...got back in bed 85..
why....I dont know.. my system works mysterious ways Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print